Russian collapse coming?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Ivanovich, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Yeah or kind of what the chinese will do with their big pile of dollars.

#11     Sep 17, 2008
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Check history. Whenever the government closes the market, only one of two possibilities:

1) the country just got taken over by communists, and the market will not open for decades

2) the government panicked. When it re-opens, almost no one has the cash and/or balls to buy. Therefore it's the bottom, classic definition of a discounted market in a panic. Buy with both hands and hold for years.

#12     Sep 17, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Invested in Turkey? Or speculated/gambled in Turkey?

If you're confident in the values, and can ride out the short-term, then hold on! Don't puke out within 3-4 days of the lows.

Remember all those people who sold Russia in 1998? The market went up 60 fold in 10 years. Investing randomly then selling during market panics is a great way to lose money.

#13     Sep 17, 2008
  4. lassic

lassic

Russian brides half price
    I think I'll get two :)

#14     Sep 17, 2008
  5. ROTFLMAO.

#15     Sep 17, 2008
  6. I'd argue that any investment in turkey is speculative. Your advice, however, is sound as always.

#16     Sep 18, 2008
  7. People seem to think Russia is no longer communist and is motivated now by capitalist ideals. Whomever thinks that way bought a lie. Too much TV. Russia is not dependent on it's economy for common survival. Read their history. One reason I despise Russians is their innate ability to lie and use people to death. But they learned that through abuse of the citizens by their leaders. So while I don't blame them for their history, I of course blame them for their choices to use and kill their own, and they are among the most cursed of people to deal with. On the other hand, being a survivalist is something I admire.

Now that Russia has rebuilt their military, thanks to Western dollars, marks and euro, the West would do well to gauge Russia's ability to prosper by their military, not their economy. That is the stuff THEY are made of.

#17     Sep 18, 2008
  8. Just for the night. Then kick them out. Russian girls don't respect men unless you are harsh with them.

#18     Sep 18, 2008
  9. Mecro

Mecro

What the hell are you talking about? There is restrictive foreign participation. If anything, it's the other way around, as the regulations were more lax when RTS was at its highs.

Last time USA tried to teach Russia a lesson in the markets, they ran back whimpering with their tail between their legs. That was in 1997-1998.

RTS was overblown like Nasdaq was in 2000.

#19     Sep 18, 2008

10. A valuable lesson!

Is that where you fire a warning shot through your own foot and if they fail to take heed you fire a second shot through your other foot?

regards
    f9

#20     Sep 18, 2008