Russian billionaire rumoured to buy up to 9% of Deutsche Bank

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Jun 11, 2008.

1. http://www.forbes.com/afxnewslimited/feeds/afx/2008/06/11/afx5103208.html

FRANKFURT (Thomson Financial) - Shares in Deutsche Bank AG. were higher in early morning deals as traders pointed to talk that Russian billionaire Suleiman Kerimov may be looking to buy shares in Germany's largest bank and other European banking giants.

Several traders said they had heard talk of Kerimov buying shares in Deutsche Bank (nyse: DB - news - people ) and one local dealer said the rumours could be traced to a Russian media report.

A second trader said he had heard that Kerimov is interested in purchasing up to a 9 percent stake in Deutsche Bank and may own about 3 percent in the financial institution.

At 9:20 a.m., shares in Deutsche Bank were 1.36 euros, or 2.20 percent, higher at 16.06, making it the third top gainer on the DAX, which was 33.42 points, or 0.49 percent higher at 6,804.52.

According to Forbes magazine Kerimov is the 35th richest man in the world and has amassed around $14.4 billion largely from investment trading.

A spokesman for Deutsche Bank said the German banking giant currently has knowledge of only two investors who hold more than 3 percent of shares in the company, UK-based Barclays (nyse: BCS - news - people ) Global Investors and France's AXA SA.

Under German regulation, an investor must disclose when his holdings rise above or falls below certain levels, including 3 percent, 5 percent and 10 percent.

2. C- kid

C- kid

What boils my noodles is that Russia has no debt

and plenty of gold bar reserves, and they are now making money like crap cause it turns out they got oil too

While Americans are drowning in debt

but what is really fukin sad is that we did it to ourselves.

its THE FED, the bloody greedy FED :mad:

stealing breast milk from freakin babies

3. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Not just that, he is also disposing of all his Russian interests, but it could be a political move, you know these Russians, they make their billions in Russia & then put their money where KGB can't get it back.

4. WTF? :confused:

Like you said, this country did it to itself ... you ever been to Russia?

Don't be mad at them for trying to "get a life" ... like most non-Americans, I find them to be extremely well educated, seeking prosperity (which interestingly enough, people used to come here to do) is a natural human desire, don't deny them theirs.

Get a clue.

5. wildkactus

wildkactus Guest

Most of these Russian guys are based in tax havens and do most of there work out of london offices.

So most will be looking to invest their money out of mother Russia and into a stable and longer lasting economy.

Russia is the new wild west in my view, make it quick and get out before it blows up.
    Know a few traders here in HK who have been burnt big time by the Russians.

6. Time for Ackermann to hone his Russian language skills.

[​IMG]

7. C- kid

C- kid

I happen to know a lot about Russia cause I had to deal with bastards and their propaganda, and I myself am slavic in origin sorry to say

here is the deal, Russia was as fuked as you can imagine, mostly corruption,

other nations took advantage of that and made moves to obtain Russian resources (I won't go into detail here, ET doesn't deserve it) everything went according to plans

but the problem is few OLD SCHOOL kgb officers decided to make a bloodless coup, that is hidden history of Russia that none of you know

they moved in and took over ALL branches of the government, this was led by that cynical little bastard putin. Putin and his gang took control back of country's assets but they of course took even more than was fair, but I am not talking about well known cases in this case

also none of you know is that Russians and especially wealthy russians have a certain affinity with Germany

what many of you don't know is that plenty of Germans lived in russia before WW2

for Russians it is only natural to be investing and dealing with Germany

Now why the F did I waste my time typing all this

I am one stupid SOB :(

8. LOL ... kinda like what all these American businessmen would give their left-nut to be able to do ... right? :)

9. Yeah, especially since this is really old news.

Boy good thing the US doens't have a nasty history and is so upstanding and righoutous ... ROTFLMAO at that one, wish it were funny.

10. A couple interesting facts about this Russian 'business man':

Television Presenter Tina Kandelaki? Sure why not ;)

[​IMG]

#10     Jun 11, 2008