Russian Asteroid Crater contains $1 quadrillion in diamonds

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 19, 2012.

1. when someone like you, a creationist that believes the earth only 6000 years old,reads something like this what do you do?

"They're created when a meteor strikes a graphite deposit, as happened there an estimated 35 million years ago. "

#11     Sep 20, 2012
  2. Humpy

Humpy

Just as a matter of interest what's the price in USD per acre of grassland ?

#12     Sep 20, 2012
  3. cornix

cornix

House in the village 150km from the city with the land of approx. one acre is like $10-20K now (depending on the road to the place etc.). Used to be 10 times less just a few years ago.

Not sure how much plain land costs, as always, varies a lot.

#13     Sep 20, 2012
  4. Humpy

Humpy

thanks - still cheap though

#14     Sep 20, 2012
  5. Not that cheap because you own the house.. under rusky law govt technically owns the land you lease it from them. Canada same thing if you buy land you own top soil and above nothing below it.

#15     Sep 20, 2012
  6. cornix

cornix

Yup. Property laws still very inefficient here, no true "my castle my rules" freedom.

#16     Sep 20, 2012
  7. toc

toc

A diamond is given its value by cutting and polishing etc. There is limited supply of Gold in the world and may be in 20 years, nations would like to own diamonds as a matter of value.

So from oil, Russians can safely take refuge in agriculture production and raw commodities. Just got to breed more to stop the population decline and ofcourse stay away from nonsense concepts like communism. US and Russia staying around the corner as major powers is good for the humanity and its future. :D :) :cool:

#17     Sep 21, 2012
  8. cornix

cornix

Hehe... Organic agriculture is my 2nd passion after trading. 150km from the nearest big city (where I live in) and 10km from the closest big road... no chemicals... that's the veggies I like for my family. :)

Just took the potato crop last weekend... 4 times less amount than last year, but price is 5x higher as well as demand is up. :p

#18     Sep 21, 2012
  9. Humpy

Humpy

There is however a big possibility that the technology of making diamonds artificially will improve thus making diamonds very cheap and plentiful. They already make small ones for industrial purposes.

#19     Sep 21, 2012