Russia sells out Iran!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Bush could have done what Obama is doing,stop bribing N Korea and isolate Korea and Iran from big brothers

Iran is all Bush's fault.Saddam kept Iran in check.With no threats from Saddam and America tied down in Iraq Iran was free to focus on Israel and nukes

Learn your history when it comes to Koreas nuclear program.
    Construction of Yongbyon started in 1989.The US was aware of this in 1989 and has admitted so.Clinton wasn't President then.The Atomic Energy Agency first said they suspected N Korea was turning spent fuel rods into weapons-grade plutonium in May of1992,again that wasn't Clinton.The US knew this before the Atomic Energy Agency did

The Russians dont think Obama is a joke,they thought Bush was a joke.Under Bush they made it clear they supported Iran and made it clear they didnt give a shit about what Bush wanted and all bush could do was label them the axis of evil and ignore them while they built nukes.Under Bush every time he went to the security council for tough measures China and Russia vetoed or threatened a veto,Under Obama totally different

#11     Jun 11, 2010

2. Yeah ,preventing Russia from selling nuclear delivering missiles to Iran is nothing

-------

Russia now says Iran sanctions ban S-300 missiles

By LYNN BERRY (AP) – 7 hours ago

MOSCOW — The new U.N. sanctions prevent Russia from delivering S-300 air-defense missiles to Iran, a Kremlin official said Friday, in a reversal of the position announced by Russia's Foreign Ministry the day before.

The Kremlin statement was sure to please Israel and the United States, which have long urged Russia not to supply the powerful missile system. Russia signed a deal to sell the missiles in 2007, but has delayed their delivery.

The U.N. Security Council resolution passed Wednesday bans Iran from developing ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons, investing in nuclear-related activities and buying certain types of heavy weapons.

The Kremlin official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the S-300 falls under these sanctions.

Putin also said supporting the Iran sanctions was a decision that "wasn't exactly easy," according to the presidential aide, who spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with Sarkozy's office policy.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev will issue a decree specifying which types of weapons cannot now be sold to Iran, Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in Moscow.

Russia in the past has sold other air-defense missiles, aircraft and other weapons to Iran.

#12     Jun 11, 2010
  3. In 2007(UNDER BUSH) Russia agreed to sell nuclear delivering missiles to Iran.Russia thought somebody was a joke alright,the guy who was in charge in 2007.

The Kremlin statement was sure to please Israel and the United States, which have long urged Russia not to supply the powerful missile system. Russia signed a deal to sell the missiles in 2007, but has delayed their delivery.

#13     Jun 11, 2010
  4. Regarding N. Korea, I would agree that Bush 41 handed off a festering problem to Clinton. Clinton chose to deal with it by papering it over with an agreement that ended up doing nothing to prevent the North from proceeding surreptitiously with their program. I acknowledge that Clinton's options were somewhat limited, as neither S. Korea nor China was going to tolerate military action. Basicaly. a bad problem that continues to get worse. Incidentally, it apparently had its roots in Pakistan, whose nuke scientist A. Q. Khan sold nuke technology to N. Korea. He is a national hero in Pakistan, our "ally."

You make some good points about Iran. Taking our Saddam looks like a big mistake in retrospect. Also, I think Bush's policy toward Russia was too driven by Cold War mentality. Bush pushed a lot of inititiatives like expanding NATP up to their border that they didn't appreciate.

Where I part company is the notion that Russia is cooperating because of their regard for Obama. His weakness must be a constant source of amusement for the ex-KGB thugs running Russia. They were either bribed to stop the S-300 deal or have some as-yet unknown motivation. Russis is after all a country of chess masters. Community organizers are not as highly regarded there as here.

#14     Jun 12, 2010
  5. Russia will still sell the missiles to Iran. The difference is that Bush wouldn't be dumb enough to take them at their word. Obama will be.

#15     Jun 12, 2010
  6. Wow,an intelligent non insulting response.I'll try to do that more often :)

I agree its not just for their high regards for Obama,As you said earlier Russia will do what they feel is in their best interest regardless to what they think of any President.Obama had to make concessions such as removing the missile defense systems to get Russian help on Iran,I agree it wasn't do to them likeing or respecting Obama.I guess the debate would be was it worth it to remove the missile defense system to get Russia to not veto tough Iran sanctions and stop selling Iran weapons.

I agree Bush took the old cold war mentally,which is not surprising considering his dad was head of the CIA and part of the Reagan administration.It seems to him not conceding an inch to Russia was more important then getting their cooperation with Iran.The cold war is over and the odds for a military conflict with Russia is very small so I disagree with Bush on that but I understand his position and why he took it

I agree Clinton is largely to blame for Korea.He started the paying them off rather then dealing with the problem.Bribery is never a solution to a problem,it may work short term but eventually you have to deal with the problem and when you do it will be much worse such as it is now.The Chinese don't wont to help Korea in a military conflict imo nor do they want N Korean refugees crossing their borders if war breaks out,they are the key.N Korea is only acting out because they think they will have Chinese protection like they did in the first war.China needs to take a hard stand and put N Korea in check.If the US can take Chinas support from N Korea or build up a big enough collation that will make China not support N Korea that is the best route to take with the N Korean problem imo

#16     Jun 12, 2010
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You and Paul McCartney have a little problem with temporal concepts. Obama has been in office for 1.5 years. You can stop saying "in the past 8 years".

Its your government now. You broke it. Now you folks own it.

#17     Jun 12, 2010