Russia paid Taliban bounties for American troops in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Hey, why is it that we were told in the past to trust all the intel agencies when they said something (because they spoke up against Trump) but now when they confirm Trump was not informed or briefed on any of this, we need to ignore that?

#51     Jun 30, 2020
    DTB2 likes this.
  2. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Do you think that Trump should send Russia a down payment of $400 million cash and promise Russia a total of $1.7 billion? Where was your outrage then? If I remember correctly, you have made numerous arguments that Obama did the right thing by sending the Iran money.

Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban
    Afghan group's treasurer admits receiving money from Iran, newspaper says

U.S. Payment of $1.7 Billion to Iran Raises Questions of Ransom

#52     Jun 30, 2020
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Hey guise, let's cut trade with Germany & Japan, they killed some of our troops in WWII. The point isn't to be against diplomacy numb nuts, it's to not kowtow to our enemies as it's happening & then sweep it under the rug w/o acknowledgement.

#53     Jun 30, 2020
  4. Arnie

Arnie

Maybe he wasn't briefed on it, but he sure as hell knows about it now. If this is true he's toast (well, actually I think he's toast anyway). I can only imagine how I would feel if one of those killed for a bounty was my son.

#54     Jun 30, 2020
    Tony Stark likes this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If it is true, he should be toast. You would argue that he should have been briefed. You can drag all the intel chiefs in front of congress and get rid of them, too, for not briefing the President.

Maybe this won't happen because the intel isn't true at all, and the President wasn't briefed because it wasn't a credible threat. There are probably many things the President isn't briefed on daily because the threat isn't credible, but chatter in the intel community.

Given how utterly wrong the press AND the intel community have been in the past, I think its probably a good idea to really determine what the truth is here.

#55     Jun 30, 2020
  6. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Uhhh....What!?

So, you are saying Obama shouldn't have paid the Iranian ransom. Or, since a dem president kowtowed and swept everything Iran had done under the rug, you consider that diplomacy?

The egregious bias that libtards perpetually demonstrate is absolutely grotesque.

U.S. Payment of $1.7 Billion to Iran Raises Questions of Ransom

#56     Jun 30, 2020
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

in MAGAtard world refund=ransom

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    #57     Jun 30, 2020
    userque and Ricter like this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

#58     Jun 30, 2020
    userque likes this.
  9. DTB2

DTB2

Why would anyone need to pay these people to kill Americans? It is their goal when they wake up in the morning, no financial incentive is needed.

That's how stupid this entire concept is yet people fall for it.

#59     Jun 30, 2020
    elderado likes this.
  10. userque

userque

The fact that a dumbass, unread, criminal clown con-man can be elected the the highest office in the world; and a political party supported said buffoonery for four years; pretty much tells me: we have just witnessed a key reversal bar.

The average age of an empire? A mere 250 years
    https://www.times-standard.com/2017/06/28/the-average-age-of-an-empire-a-mere-250-years/#:~:text=The average age of empires,its 250th year in 2026.

#60     Jun 30, 2020
    Bugenhagen and Tony Stark like this.