Russia Overtakes Saudi Arabia as World’s Leading Oil Producer

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JayS, Aug 23, 2006.

1. They've already done the nationalizing thing. Past few years in the oil industry!

#11     Aug 25, 2006
  2. How I wish that were true. There is no way the Democrats will ever allow that resource to be tapped. They would rather game it politically and f___ the whole country for phony-baloney environmental reasons than do something intelligent.

It gives me no pleasure to say this, but America has neither the political will nor the collective intelligence to use a resource right in front of its brain-dead face.

#12     Aug 25, 2006
  3. just21

just21

The US is waiting for peak oil to get the ANWR and off shore oil. It will be $250 a barrel then.

#13     Aug 25, 2006
  4. happening already, Yukos founder played the political card and got punished as an example, but here is the latest move, they couldnt talk force them to leave so they pull a permit :)

Russians cancel environmental permit for Royal Dutch Shell-led project-FT
    Russian authorities cancelled a key environmental permit for a $20B energy project led by Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A), in a move that could stop work on one of the world's largest oil and gas ventures. This move, by the natural resources ministry, comes as the Kremlin seeks to bring strategic assets back under state control. :theflyonthewall

#14     Sep 19, 2006
  5. Um, the democracts were not in power for the last 7+ years. And I'd bet that Rayethon (in that link) are both contributers and good receivers to the incumbant political party and their war funding contracts.

Would they bite the hand that feed them?

Anyone have a link that shows how much Rayethon gives to political parties or lobbists, or how many govt. contacts they receive related to war?

#15     Sep 19, 2006