russia/georgia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SWINGTRADER77, Aug 8, 2008.

1. 3 hour later:
    Lol, this says it all about your views and intelligence. You, just like all arab/islamic street are so consumed by hatred of the US that no matter what happens in the world the only thing you are capable of doing is ranting raving and whining about the evils of the US.

#11     Aug 9, 2008
  2. And here is why Georgia is still not a NATO member:

NATO Allies Oppose Bush on Georgia and Ukraine
    President Bush threw the NATO summit meeting here off-script on Wednesday by lobbying hard to extend membership to Ukraine and Georgia, but he failed to rally support for the move among key allies.
    Mr. Bush’s comments...annoyed Germany and France, which had said they would block the invitation to Ukraine and Georgia. At the dinner on Wednesday, the German and French position was supported by Italy, Hungary and the Benelux countries, a senior German official said.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/03/world/europe/03nato.html

From Czechoslovakia to Poland to Israel to Georgia... Is there a pro-western democratic country at peril that spineless western Europeans have not betrayed and backstabbed?

#12     Aug 9, 2008
  3. A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply. For example, "Why me, Lord?"[1] Rhetorical questions encourage the listener to reflect on what the implied answer to the question must be. When a speaker states, "How much longer must our people endure this injustice?" or "How many times do I have to tell you to stop walking into the house with mud on your shoes?"; no formal answer is expected. Rather, it is a device used by the speaker to assert or deny something.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

Nice job, ass.

Hah! Yeah, Israel is being backstabbed everyday, by European nations who doesn't give them unconditional support in their racist apartheid. Damn us for believing in justice and peace, how dare we question the Bible!!!! You fanatics really get it all. Oh, and we never backstabbed anyone, because we didn't trick anyone into thinking we would back them up. France might have done it, Great Britain might have done it, Italy might have done it, but they don't represent us. As explained earlier, western Europe is not a single country, its diversity is comparable to that of South America.

#13     Aug 9, 2008
  4. My questions were not rhetorical and I did expect replies. You accused the US of not doing anything ("Where the f*ck is good ol' USA") while admitting (three hours later) that "there's really not much they [the US] can do".

I asked you what you'd want this country to do and whether you'd be the first to accuse us of being the world's policeman if we did something. There was nothing rhetorical about my questions, your answers on the other hand were a bunch of nonsensical and irrelevant anti-american rants.

LOL, right, you [spineless eurotrash] refuse to extend NATO membership to Georgia (ignoring Bush's pleas) because you don't want to defend them against Russia and three months later euroscum like you have the gall to accuse the US of doing nothing and being hypocritical. Is there any limit to your stupidity?

#14     Aug 9, 2008
  5. I don't enjoy the spectacle of Russia fomenting an uprising, then invading a nearly defenseless country, but we have to realize there are limits to US power. I agree with Pat Buchanan that it was a mistake to rush to include former Soviet satellite states as NATO members. It is needlessly provocative to Russia and is of no real value to us. Are we really supposed to go to war for Georgia or one of these other countries that most of us couldn't find on a map? I believe we go to war only when our vital interests are at stake. They are not at stake on the Russian border.

How would we feel if the Russians started inserting themselves in situations in latin america? Actually, we had this problem once in cuba, and it nearly started WW III. They are getting increasingly involved with Venezuela, possibly as payback for our meddling in their backyard.

Russia is no longer a superpower, but neither are they France. One of Bush's biggest failures has been the mismanagement of this relationship. Frankly, one of the things that frightens me about McCain is his apparent willingness to revert to a cold war confrontational posture with the Russians. Don't we have enough problems without a new Cold War?

#15     Aug 9, 2008
  6. Russia is sick of having its borders eroded by NATO, as former satellite state after satellite state crowds under its penumbra, and Russia is not at all pleased with a missile defense shield being placed near its border.

You can only push a nation such as Russia so far before some reaction like this becomes an inevitably.

This will be over by Monday morning, or so I believe.

Let's hope so, as once again, civilians bear the overwhelming burden of modern weapons bearing down on them.

#16     Aug 9, 2008
  7. The news i read didnt make it clear who was attacking whom, the georgians attacked the southern rebels, right-so who are russia attacking, are they backing georgia against the seperatists, or attacking the georgians for being to big for there boots, and conducting this operation without consulting them?

#17     Aug 9, 2008
  8. these civilians are not as innocent as you describe them to be, these are the same motherfuckers that gave authority and power to the few others throughout history, these are the morons that support self destructing and pain inflicting systems, these are the assholes that understand shit and nothing beyond shit, these are sick bastards that love to be abused and raped and cannot comprehend and tolerate a life without suffering and pain, they will panic and revolt when they fail to raise someone to a higher point to bring misery to their fucking pathetic lives, they can be doing all this unconsciously, they can be without choice, but that does not mean that they don't deserve a life of pain and agony, a measly useless life of suffering through and through all the way to their fucking graves, but rather that makes them deserve it and everything worse ever more.

#18     Aug 10, 2008
  9. So, what have you done to fight the oppressors lately?

#19     Aug 10, 2008
  10. nothing i wish them best of luck in their endeavour to fuck more lives

why would I want to fight them, when I hate god and his creation

#20     Aug 10, 2008