Russia Dumps the U.S. Dollar for Euro as Reserve Currency

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, May 22, 2009.

1. dhpar

dhpar

i remember turkey using USD much more than DEM, then I remember Turkey using USD more than EUR. now they basically use EUR only.
    the spreads on the street for EUR around caucasus, and even in crude oil countries like azerbaijan and kazakhstan are comparable to USD. that was not the case 10 years ago when only USD was accepted.

these are just examples. the bottom line is that EUR is taking some business from USD and deservedly so. that was the point of misterno - so shut up trolls (makloda/ivanovich).

#41     May 24, 2009
  2. when russia f*cked the american ally; georgia, all america could do was cry like a little baby

you are f*cking kidding yourself, america can't do sh*t to russia

#42     May 24, 2009
  3. perhaps now would be a good time for states to exercise there rights,,,states can have there own currencies, base it on some commodity,,gold etc,,,most states are in a mess,,california owes pensions 200 bil,,,illinois 80 bil, so states financially are a mess,,,time to clean this mess up.

#43     May 24, 2009
  4. You can always tell a shithead who has to resort to insults when a differing viewpoint is offered. The inability to debate without getting defensive is representative of someone who cannot support their position.

#44     May 24, 2009
  5. stfreak

stfreak

I did not say they can. but at least, they will try.
    I´m also not saying that there will be war between russia and the US of A as well as I´m not saying, that the US of A is going to win that war.

The only thing I wanted to make clear, is the fact, that it is highly unlikely that russia will dump the dollar.

As I stated above, the greenback is the biggest source of power and everyone, who ever tried to riot against the USD got the balls kicked.

to explain even further, IF russia really dumped the USD, this would be more then a "politically critical incident", we would see the headlines all over the REUTERS or BBG screens and the euro - kids would get "duck - and - cover" lessons at school.
    This leads to the conclusion, that russia does not dump the USD as leading reserve currency in a significant way. they are just adjusting their FX portfolio

perhaps 426...whatever, you read my post again....and then you tell me, what this has to do with the war in georgia.

damn...I should´ve stayed out of this thread. the foundations of a good political discussion (a couple of friends, lots of beer, sentences like:"those fucking diaperheads, we should´ve nuked them a hundred years ago" and a neat fistfight in the end) just cannot be layed in an internet forum.

instead, I will be sending picture postcards from the waterboarding jacuzzi on guantanamo beach for using the keywords: nuke, sadam, terror, oil and crappy dollar in one single post (sick...what was I thinking??)

life can be so hard....
    enjoy yourselves

#45     May 24, 2009
  6. ammo

ammo

by elite...do u mean the metrosexuala,nancies..or the einstein's watching reality tv for the last 15 years...or the homeless.. or maybe the street gangs running a multi billion $ drug trade right in front of us..or maybe the mob and government being so tied together u can't tell who's who,are these akin to the barbarians that decimated europe 1500 years ago...this is the hilt of a countries rise to power....200 plus years and the greed and corruption and power are to much for our tiny little human brains to control... and history will repeat .. the fall of another dynasty...

#46     May 24, 2009
  7. 30 years ago, my family left vietnam on aboat. At a refugee camp in Malaysia we were giving 3 choices for asylum: austraila, usa, or canada. The wait time for asylum seekers were 3 months for austrailia, 6 months for canada, and 1+ year for usa. Even though condition in the camp was horrible, my Dad said we were going to wait it out and hopefully the US will give us asylum. I can still remember his exact word to this day, "everything he saw about the americans and american gi's during the war was better than all the others. And he also thought they were kinder and "more catholic."

Then just last month, my uncle from vietnam took a tour of the US and I met him in Vegas for a few days. The first word out of his mouth was almost the same exact thing my dad said 30 years ago, that america was better than all the rest (20 different countries from asia to europe) and its not even close.

btw, the uncle that was left behind to take care of the grandparents is now worth millions. half in gold and half in usd. :eek:

America we have problems, but we are still the best and will be for a very long time!!!

#47     May 24, 2009
  8. like I said america is a zoo of losers from around the world, why couldn't your f*king family just continue life in vietnam, because they were losers, I am glad that your family had to suffer for more than a 1 year to get to this place, people like you disgust me, I wish I was never born as a human

#48     May 24, 2009
  9. You've earned a spot on my ignore list. You are so far out of line that it's just staggering you could sit here and proclaim that you are an elitetrader, or at least think people pay attention to such baseless statements. I won't be listening to anymore of your hate and drivel.

#49     May 24, 2009
  10. oh no please don't ignore me ...

#50     May 24, 2009