Russia blames US for current world crisis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Signate67, Nov 3, 2008.

1. I think you're a smart enough guy but you're into the whole entitlement suck off of government thing whereas I'm an anarchist who wants to destroy big government......

#11     Nov 3, 2008
  2. Scholarships and student loans are not "entitlements" nor do they encourage lazyness. Providing people free healthcare does not encourage lazyness either. I believe society should be setup in such a way as to allow individuals to rise up on their own merit

#12     Nov 3, 2008
  3. I agree with everything you say but you're not digging deeper. Subsidizing educational institutions with tax dollars so that those tax dollars can pay bloated salaries to professors and administrators and then altruistically providing loans to kids who are FORCED to pay sky-high tuitions is an entitlement to Big Academia. In Pabst Nation education would be more assessable because the savings would be passed on to the students.

Also, you know I'm rather liberal about affordable even free health care to the chronically ill and poor. That's the correct moral decision. A TOTALLY SEPARATE issue from any sort of mandated National Health with it's Orwellian overtones of rationed care and de facto euthanasia toward the elderly and infirmed.

Don't assume the amoral Obama type governments of the future won't evaluate a 70yo in need of an expensive operation and decide, "let him die he's too old and too expensive."

#13     Nov 3, 2008
  4. I am a product of a strong magnet AP/IB public school. Trashing public education will fall on deaf ears with me.

BTW, public higher education in florida is DIRT cheap to students. Lots of people would be without college degrees altogether without Cheap Tuition/Bright Futures program.

#14     Nov 3, 2008
  5. In the South things work. For the people. In Chicago a MUCH different story.

Bringing the Chicago Way national is a laughably bad idea.

#15     Nov 3, 2008
  6. Both statements are logically incorrect.

Government subsidized student loans awarded to bad students reward laziness and mediocrity.

Free health care allows the survival of those who take poor care of themselves, thereby encouraging sloth and poor nutritional discipline.

#16     Nov 4, 2008