Russell2k - Sector Weightings

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by karabugla, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Hi,

I´m looking for a table with the % sector weightings of the Russell2k. On their webnsite I´ve found 'The Largest 5 By Weight' but without the %es. Can anybody help please?

Regards,

K

2. Hi Karabugla...

I contacted them directly about this once and they told me they only give out Sector Components and data related if you are a subscirber to their Index type of alert (similar to SPGlobal Index Alert) they seem more close fisted with their indexes then the Standard and Poor indexes...

anyway that was a year ago... hope it changes down the road... i would like to get it myself...

if you find out different could you PM me... thanks...

good luck...

:)

cj

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

3. Thanks... Slave'

Nice to know there is an alternate source for breakdown info...

:)

cj...

4. Thanks for the link....I like looking at the main sectors to get a confirmation. If the index is moving up, but the sector heavyweights are not following suit, the move might soon come to an end...somekind of correlation play...

5. Karabugla...

I did get all the Sector info for the SP600 which usually leads the Russell2K and is 98.5% correlated to it... and using a DDE breakdown per sector i do a correlation to trend - in real time - like you do and it gives a good macro tape-reading of price quality within the price structure of a price trend (if one begins or consolidates) HH - HL - HH or LL - LH - LL type of structure...

so i agree that it helps to read not only the price structure (trend) but also the price quality for each index -

:cool:

cj