Russell Daytrading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by RussellDaytrade, Apr 27, 2006.

1. I think it would be easier to go long then short .... Why are you always short the ER2 ( i known it is a intraday trend fade but..) i think you would have a easier task if you would be buying pullbacks , especially if you have a profit target ( er2 will tank hard one day but when? )
    best of luck in trading this strange animal

#31     May 8, 2006
  2. It is an animal indeed! If you've heard the expression,"in a bull market, stocks go down sharply, and rise slowly", or, the opposite in a bear market, they go down slowly, and rally sharply.
    I have done some studies that bear out this conclusion. So while you are correct that it may be easier to just go long / buy pullbacks, etc, I am favoring SS, as I think it drops faster and more often, even intraday, even as it goes up! Amazing.

There certainly is opportunity to do either, and I do go long when I think it's oversold, and due for a bounce. Another point on the preference to SS is that it is more likely, in my opinion, that the averages might open down hard then up hard, so the possibility of an unpleasant surprise may be greater if long hten short.

Upon reflection, I would have to say that I have likely done things the hard way most of my life, not likely I'll change now, but thanks for expressing your point.

I think its a short this am, with a target in the 775-773 range.

#32     May 9, 2006
  3. good enough for me as long as you can make a_few coins.

keep on posting

#33     May 9, 2006
  4. B/C on a plunge down on Fed announcement, at approx 2:15 ET.

Looking for 775 area.

#34     May 10, 2006
  5. Today's chart, nice!

#35     May 11, 2006
  6. I think it's a buy/ BC in here this am, 740 area.

#36     May 15, 2006
  7. oops, lookin at the Sept, I meant 736, for the June.

#37     May 15, 2006
  8. s in here 741 =/-

#38     May 15, 2006
  9. b near 737

#39     May 15, 2006
  10. s near 740

#40     May 15, 2006