Russa Invades Georgia - Full Scale Invasion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by THE-BEAKER, Aug 8, 2008.

1. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!! It's a war for Israel. The Israeli lobby in Georgia is even stronger than AIPAC.

LOL, I was just wondering who'd be the first idiot to accuse Israel of this war. That it would happen I had no doubt, after all Israel has been blamed for global warming and Indonesian tsunami too. You win, congratulations, you beat TorontoTrader2 and it's quite an accomplishment.

Oh and btw:
    Israel, Russia close to energy pipeline deal through Turkey

#51     Aug 11, 2008
  2. You are well off target. I'll remind you who published the claim about direct involvement of Israeli personel - Debka - and we all know (or should know) what Debka is a mouthpiece for.

#52     Aug 11, 2008
  3. That the Israeli personnel was involved in training Georgian troops is not even a claim, it's a fact. And Israel is quite proud of it.

That some human garbage sides with Putin's Russia against Georgia, with the mullahs and Ahmadinejad against Israel, with Al-Qaeda and 9/11 attackers against America is what's truly disgusting.

That when Georgians bomb Ossetians and Russians invade Georgia some degenerates blame the Jews is actually funny. They don't even understand how idiotic they sound.

#53     Aug 11, 2008
  4. What ? Quite proud of direct involvement (and that is what Debka says) in the near genocidal assault on South Ossetia ?

#54     Aug 11, 2008
  5. You, gringinho and Putin are the only people on the planet who blame Georgia - you two are in good company. The entire civilized (and not so civilized) world supports Georgia and considers the actions of Russia to be genocidal, illegal and immoral. Congratulations, even the arabs don't blame the Jews, even liberal european newspapers side with Georgia and even complete idiots realize that the Israelis help train troops, they don't make policies and don't start wars in Georgia.

#55     Aug 11, 2008
  6. a_person,
    it's nothing to be proud of that Israel is helping Georgia kill civilian minorities in Ossetia and Abkahzia - that is just sick.

In 1989 the ossetians and georgians had some conflict - the first since around 1920 - and russian troops went there to stabilize the situation. In 1990 Georgia outlawed regional parties after they gained independence from the former Soviet union breakup, and South Ossetia declared independence from the rest of Georgia as a response and held independent elections instead. Georgia has since been marred with abuse, election fraud and turmoil.

Russia, the USA, Israel, the EU and NATO obviously all have interests in Georgia.

To think that Georgia's attack and killing of civilians in the break-away regions was not planned is utterly feebily naive. To see who are behind the true actions in the region, we need to understand who stand to gain and who stand to lose.

The US stands to win the most by destabilizing the region and all the outcome of this with Russia reacting - and the civilian minority population has the most to lose - their lives and property.

Those are simple facts and objectivity is always a better way to understand the world and increase one's knowledge. Simply following propaganda and agendas of groups is not how improve onself as a person.

a_person,
    I have repeatedly pointed out how you are incessant on personal attacks in your posts. Could you not for once try and stay on topic and refrain from attacking persons? You could simply try to use your knowledge and try to argue using logics coupled with facts to show us how you see the mechanics/dynamics unfolding.

There is no doubt the israelis are involved - and I think their objectives are repulsive - as I understand from analyzing what is to gain from the conflict and attacking the civilian minorities in the regions.

#56     Aug 11, 2008
  7. Well I'm glad to see someone pointed out the the Georgian military actually instigated the conflict.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aqXEOFTNv_bk&refer=home

The way I read this and in my blog was that Georgian military attacked South Ossetia. Since most of South Ossetia's citizens carry Russian passports, it appears Russia was, in essence, "defending" its citizens.

I believe it's the case that Russia has some probable cause to be attacking. I don't agree with taking over the country, but it appears it was a genocidal attack that prompted Russian military action.

This gets to what I'm talking about, in parentheses:

Georgia and Russia began fighting when Russia moved in troops and bombed targets (after Georgian forces began an offensive into South Ossetia, which split away from Georgia in an early 1990s war).

Russia has said its actions are (justified by what it calls a Georgian-waged ``genocide'' in South Ossetia). Russia says (most of those killed in the conflict are civilians who died through Georgian military action).

I think it is probably true, but I've yet to come up with a motive for the Georgian military attack.

I'm definitely for free markets, capitalism and democracy, but I don't believe that's what's going on here. For some reason, it looks as though Georgia instigated these attacks.

#57     Aug 11, 2008
  8. Like Lebanon, this is another massive loss-of-face for the Neocon military architects.

Georgia attacked because the neocons probably guaranteed they would be backed up.

Georgians should have learned by now;

1/ never put a zionist tool in charge of your nations defense ministry

and

2/ never trust the neocon.

#58     Aug 12, 2008
  9. The Israeli and (btw american) military personnel were training the Georgian army, they were not helping kill anyone. The entire civilized world supports Georgia, what's truly disgusting is people like you who out of pure hatred and ignorance support every scumbag on the planet, be it Arafat, Ahmadinejad or Putin.

#59     Aug 12, 2008
  10. areal,

actually this will be a resounding success for the USA no matter how it ends. They gain to destabilize the region, weaken Russia, frighten the EU and strengthen support for NATO.

Since there is a soon-to-be-held referendum in the Ukraine about NATO membership - this is playing out just perfectly for the USA. It's almost impossible for this not having a positive outcome for the USA.

Too bad the minorities of the region have to pay with their lives for this strategic game. I share some of the russian indignation, no doubt. I don't agree on them attacking further targets in Georgia - but they obviously can not sit entirely idle as well.

#60     Aug 12, 2008