Rush returns Monday

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Nov 13, 2003.

#51     Nov 17, 2003
  2. Right after Jerry Garcia died:

"'When you strip it all away," Rush had said of the Grateful Dead guitarist, "Jerry Garcia destroyed his life on drugs. And yet he's being honored, like some godlike figure. Our priorities are out of whack, folks."

Then of course,this classic is well worth repeating:

...we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."

Rush does a valuable service by pointing out the misdeeds of many Liberals, but it's really hard to feel much personal respect for this guy. Let America enjoy our fucking drugs in peace already.
    We're going to get high anyways, whether it's legal or not.

#52     Nov 17, 2003
  3. Again, having Max on ignore fails. Every time someone quotes him, I get to see his words of antagonism and negativity.

Here again, without question, Max indeed is "trying to start something". It is what he does. His purpose in life.

To get things in context, I took him off "ignore" and read the thread. Of course I should have known that my comment on Rush would elicit a response from Max directed at me. It had nothing to do with Max. But this never makes a difference. If I say anything, Max is lurking to pounce. Some call it "stalking".

I said Rush Limbaugh is a mean spiritied entertainer. Even Max who obviously idolizes Limbaugh would have a hard time arguing this clear fact. So rather than attempt to dispute my opinion, he attacks me personally. It is what he lives for.

But putting Max aside (something we all wish he would do himself for the benefit of everyone), the fact remains that Limbaugh IS INDEED a mean spirited entertainer. And as I said in the same single sentence Max attacked me for posting, he doesn't have to be accurate. That is not what entertainers are paid for.

I think Limbaugh is very good at his job. He entertains. Occassionaly he even brings up things to think about. Usually he just blabbers to the ditto-heads repeating the same tired old right wing garbage.

Anyone can "preach to the choir". Obviously I am not a part of his "choir". But I do listen to the guy once in a while. He often makes me laugh. He certainly keeps me up to date on the latest black and white mind-set of the extreme right. Occasionally he will make a statement that will get me to re-think a position. I know he isn't dumb. Extremely arrogant (maybe this drug episode will temper that) and narrow minded yes, but far from unintelligent.

But none of what he says will ever negate the fact that he is a mean-spirited guy. A perfect example was stated in ARogueTrader's compilation of Rush's often inaccurate and sometimes just disgusting words ----
    Columnist Molly Ivins reported (Arizona Republic 10/17/93) this incident from Limbaugh's TV show--"Here is a Limbaugh joke: Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat. Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is a White House dog?" And he puts up a picture of Chelsea Clinton. Chelsea Clinton is 13 years old.

I am sure Max must think this is funny. How sad! But then again, "mean spirited" is a trait that Max admires (obviously) and strives to achieve at every opportunity.

Chances of Max not responding to this? Slightly less than zero. And I am sure someone will do me the "great favor" of quoting his venom, so putting him back on "ignore" will be another exercise in futility. Oh well, part of the cost of free speech. Nothing is perfect.

Dgabriel, who I generally find pretty even handed and fair, is, IMO, out of line with this comment (re: Goebbels). While I pretty much disagree with (almost) every political stance AAA takes, this really is uncalled for. At worst, AAA and Rush are just misguided Americans. They could be (and IMO are) wrong in what they say and think, but they are entitled to that. Essentially calling them Nazis for saying what you disagree with is WRONG. And while I have heard and read statements by Limbaugh that are shameful to all Americans, I do not recall AAA at any time making uncalled for personal attacks. So how does he deserve this?

Peace,
    RS

PS: After taking Max401 temporarily off ignore, I did a check using the search function to see how many references he made to me while I was blind to them. Max, you really need a life of your own.

#53     Nov 18, 2003
  4. Hey, look, another post by RS7. How about that, 85% of the subject matter is about... (drum roll, please) ...RS7.

#54     Nov 18, 2003
  5. Yeah, I guess it was out of line. I was ribbing AAA for his references to various regimes' hardline tactics of suppression. Facetiousness doesn't translate into print. Sorry AAA.

#55     Nov 18, 2003
  6. so true :(

#56     Nov 18, 2003
  7. Hey look, another post by Max401. How about that. 100% of the subject matter is about....(drum roll, please) .....RS7

#57     Nov 18, 2003
  8. So your point is that when an RS7/Error/Outlaw post contains multiple references to someone based on your crazy assumptions, no response should be allowed. Funny, I didn't see that in any user agreement. What's even funnier is you find fault with anyone who responds to my posts, so you, the ever so righteous RS7, can be shielded from these terrible comments.

Mr. Essence of Righteousness, please produce the copies of documents that you claimed you filed with the PB judicial system, otherwise you're just an untruthful lout, where it becomes very clear to anyone who has the misfortune to read what you scribble that it is nothing more than the sad output of an ego driven troll, a carney show subset of reality.

RS7 et al, will you ever learn how transparent you are, and how utterly it defeats your getting taken seriously? Now, run along and play your air guitar with the Allman Bros at the Filmore. And when you're finished, don't forget to introduce Cher to Greg.

#58     Nov 18, 2003
  9. Interesting. At 13, she was a dog. It's sort of like looking at an ugly baby and telling the lie about looking so cute. If the baby ain't cute, ... :)

#59     Nov 18, 2003
  10. Well, is there a third choice?

No, it's not.

Nope.

Kind of impossible since you claim you haven't formed/posted one yet.

Excuse me, but to parse your statement:

"Only you would know if"

A.) "you were "trying to start something"

B.) "you were genuinely interested in what Rush said"

C.) "and what I am thinking concerning his comments"

A: I would know.
    B: I would know.
    C: I could not be clairvoyant and know what you are thinking concerning RL's comments.

I really don't think it will have an impact on your posting.

You have me with the power of clairvoyance again. The "Jeez..." comment was made before your statement: "...I plan on commenting on after I have had a chance to think about them..."

#60     Nov 18, 2003