Rush returns Monday

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Nov 13, 2003.

1. entertaiment is different from news. it is not rush's fault that SOME people take him seriously. middle america buys product, rush pushes product--- rush sells air time-- what don't you understand ?

surfer:)

#21     Nov 13, 2003
  2. If you had a popular stock commentary radio show with as many ditto brain followers as Rush, would you feel the least bit concerned that your stock picks and recommendations were accurate and reflective of factual data?

Or would you blow it all off as "entertainment?"

#22     Nov 13, 2003

3. you are making sense, rogue. i see the point.

surfer :)

#23     Nov 13, 2003
  4. Even assuming all these items Rogue Trader posted were true, that doesn't mean Rush was lying. Lying requires knowledge that something is false. Rush could simply have been mistaken about something. Many of the supposed inaccuracies come from far left groups which I wouldn't trust without independent verification. Many of the claims involve interpretation of data, which is notoriously open to manipulation.

You can disagree with the man's opinions, but you have no grounds to argue that he is lying.

#24     Nov 13, 2003
  5. Yes, things would be so much simpler if we could go back to the old days when the major media controlled everything and only one point of view was allowed. Democracy works much better when the voters aren't confused by opposing opinions and disruptive ideas.

#25     Nov 13, 2003
  6. What you are suggesting is that Rush has no "intent" to deceive.

If we assume he is just a political version of Howard Stern and just into schlock conservative radio for the bucks, then he is just your basic radio talk show bullshitter.

However, if his intention is to shape and contribute to the thought process and political arena because of a genuine underlying conservative political agenda, then wouldn't you suggest that accuracy is important....so that he is an educator and not just a propagandizer?

If it was brought to your attention that your facts were incorrect, and you had no intention to deceive, would you apologize and retract what you said?

#26     Nov 13, 2003
  7. ges

ges

Yes, sure, same could have been said about Goebbels.

g

#27     Nov 14, 2003
  8. ges

ges

This is utterly falacious. Look at who controls the media today. Not a bunch of flaming liberals, but the plutocratic oligarchy. Yet, the conservatives still wail about the 'liberal' press. It's a joke now. The other day I heard Michael Savage screaming about how Brokaw, Rather, Jennings et al, were a bunch of communists. This is the kind of rantings we get from the wackos on the far right.

g

#28     Nov 14, 2003
  9. You're right. All dissenting opinions should be silenced. As long as we have the NY Times, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN and Public Broadcasting, we don't need anything else. These responsible media outlets will keep the public informed and prevent the dissemination of distorted information, untruths or wrong-thinking.

And keep an eye on those plutocrats. They scare me. It makes me sick when I realize how they turned the major media into conservative propaganda organs.

#29     Nov 14, 2003
  10. jem

jem

"If you had a popular stock commentary radio show with as many ditto brain followers as Rush, would you feel the least bit concerned that your stock picks and recommendations were accurate and reflective of factual data?

Or would you blow it all off as "entertainment?""

Didn't you just describe Cramer?

#30     Nov 14, 2003