Rush returns Monday

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Nov 13, 2003.

1. You know, Rush is good enough, he is smart enough, he is sober enough, he is thin enough.....and gosh darn it, people like him!

#11     Nov 13, 2003
  2. I didn't like Rush before all this controversy, and I like him even less now. He is too arrogant for me, I don't like his presentation of the issues, and often disagree with his conclusions.

#12     Nov 13, 2003
  3. So by this logic, the NY Times should stop publishing. They not only make mistakes, they have writers who make things up in news stories, and the writers get away with it for years even though the editors know all about it. and don't get me started on their editorial page.

You can nitpick every little thing Rush says on the air for three hours of live radio every day for 12 years and find a few tidbits to quibble about. BUt why can't the major media report something as important as Iraqi weapons inspector David Kaye's report correctly? He wrote an 800 word letter to the Washington Post complaining about how they had distorted and ignored the most important parts of his report, all so they could maintain the "No WMD" theme.

#13     Nov 13, 2003
  4. The New York Times has admitted mistakes, and fired people as a result.

Who has Rush fired, and what mistakes has he admitted to....besides being a drug addict?

#14     Nov 13, 2003
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Rush can say whatever he wants about how these "powerful" narcotics took hold of him and he became addicted. I can say from personal experience though that you WILL NOT become an addict from Oxycontin, Morphine, Vicoden, Percocet, Diluidid or anything else unless you are seriously FUCKING UP and not being open with your doctor. If your pain control is not good enough at your current levels and you tell your doc, they will generally fix it for you and then you are fine. You dont have to be going through 100 pills a day. You dont get there without some effort. You will get sick if you try to suddenly stop taking them, but it wont be a controling factor in your life..like I gotta have.

Brandon

#15     Nov 13, 2003
  6. jem

jem

All I can say is that I have lost what respect I had for Rush. (I never really agreed with him much except when he was pointing out the hypocrisy of the left). Now he has no right to point his finger.

Same with William Bennett.

I guess the Who were right. Meet the new boss same as the old boss. Right or left they get corrupted.

#16     Nov 13, 2003
  7. Maybe Rush did not become an addict later in life, but has had addictive episodes since his youth.

#17     Nov 13, 2003
  8. ges

ges

Thanks for posting this stuff ArogueTrader. For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone can stomach this whining, arrogant, jerk, and all the other wannabes that have sprung up to cash in on the phenomenon. I listen now and then just to see what they are up to, but the spin, distortion, outright lying, are just hard to take.

That so many people lap up this crap makes me fear for our democracy.

g

#18     Nov 13, 2003
  9. LOL! You're the ET resident expert on accurate commentary, RS7.

#19     Nov 13, 2003
  10. ges

ges

Even Rush knows he's not really in the news business. He admits he is an 'entertainer'. I guess this gives him license to lie his ass off.

And they are not 'nitpicks'...they are big egregious lies.

g

#20     Nov 13, 2003