Rush Limbaugh, piggish, ignorant, gassy gas hog

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Not necessarily. Develop a cohesive combination local energy policy. Say after 9:00p the town went on solar charged batteries until say 8:00a. Maybe even keep the town on solar for the weekend. Efficiency could be managed and improved as the technology was implemented. That change alone would be worth a few barrels of savings. It's the start we need to address in the national energy policy.

Further, don't you know that as that happened oil would go down in price. But the genie would be out of the bottle. The n the oil producers would be complaining that America was trying to keep them poor by buying less oil. Since their control depends on the stuff we would be evil again.

The toxic by products can be easily taken care of. :)

#31     Mar 9, 2006
  2. Absolutely, but the issue of off-grid capability is the biggest factor in this.
    More than a few acres, too.
    As for toxicity, i doubt there are too many power plants dont pollute, the question of pollution is the thing-depends what toxic by product your talking about, over the life span of the plant.

Just whether they do so by burning stuff everyday, or having a big pile of toxic junk leftover when its all curtains.

#32     Mar 9, 2006
  3. So if you're not in a desert, this isn't feasible then... correct? You can't knock down mountainsides of trees to put up a bunch of solar panels for each small town. Not sure if the environmentalists have thought about this in their argument. What to do about big cities? There's no pollution concerning nuclear power, and its reliable. Of course, there's the issue of the spent rods. As long as they're properly stored, all is OK. Same w/ solar panels, what do we do with all those panels once their time is up when they're toxic?

#33     Mar 9, 2006
  4. I dont know, but if you happened to live in an alpine area, firstly you might notice most of the trees were already cut down for firewood, and that even something as basic as good insulation hasnt been properly designed into cold climate generic building.

You may also notice, you can get mighty sunburned on the ski slopes.
    Not exactly a powerplant, but...........

http://www.cleardomesolar.com/

#34     Mar 9, 2006
  5. Don't get me wrong, Im all for getting rid of my electric bill! My folks put some panels up years ago. After seeing their energy bills, Im not sure how much of an impact they make though.

#35     Mar 9, 2006
  6. Sure, Im in. How do you tell all the landowners and farmers their fields and mountains will now be one big shiny glare?

#36     Mar 9, 2006
  7. "Some" solar panels, thats the thing-even at full solar capacity, it would still take, i think i read seven years , to break even with that sort of thing, against standard power bills.
    Fact is, proper building design and insultion will save something like 60% off a standard power bill, gas/electric, same savings apply to solar.

People dont want to , and usually cant afford ALL the stuff that WILL provide the kind of energy reduction over time to make the homeowner hop, skip and jump down the street at their huge cost savings.

People want a house, because renting sucks, and for that matter finance is still highly suspicious of anything even slightly outside the norm, be it design materials or electricals.

#37     Mar 9, 2006
  8. You can thank the ACLU for putting the fat drug addicted fuck back on the street. That is the reason the hypocritical fat faggot does not rail against the ACLU anymore.

Quote from andrasnm:

I have listened to him but I can not take his vile more than 5 minutes without throwing up....
    He is boring and stupid.

#38     Mar 9, 2006
  9. You don't have to. The desert has a ton of unused space. We can connect up without disruption for days of charging. Sub setups can dot the country also. It's not too difficult. We just need to do it! You start with a giant pilot facility and work for improvements. :)

#39     Mar 9, 2006
  10. The Oil lobby and their peons in governement will never let this happen.

Quote from canyonman00:

You don't have to. The desert has a ton of unused space. We can connect up without disruption for days of charging. Sub setups can dot the country also. It's not too difficult. We just need to do it! You start with a giant pilot facility and work for improvements. :)

#40     Mar 9, 2006