Rush Limbaugh, big fat ass freaking idiot...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 23, 2006.

1. The Dems were clearly wrong for supporting Bush the way they did following 9/11 by not standing up to Bush on Iraq...

I also don't agree with Dems on their immigration policy.

But, of course, this is not about the Dems, or what I think about the Dems.....this is about that pile of puke Rush Limpdick, and the practically mentally retarded following of dittoheads he has....

#21     Oct 24, 2006
  2. Would you rather spend a couple hours golfing with Rush or duelling keyboards with Z10?

#22     Oct 24, 2006
  3. Tough choice.

Z Z sure is comical with his imaginative posts. He puts on one helluva show.

Limbaugh wouldn't call me names and would play a fair game of golf as opposed to someone like B. Clinton.

#23     Oct 24, 2006
  4. Arnie

Arnie

I rememeber a while back Michael J Fox was giving an interview and he said he had not taken his medication that day because he wanted people to see the effects of his disease. I don't fault him for that. But if he is going to make PARTISAN political commercial, then it' a fair question whether he had purposely not taken his medication. The other point I would make is that it's not a slam dunk that more Federal spending on research that is currently allowed in the private sector will lead to a cure of his disease.

#24     Oct 24, 2006
  5. Exactly. His commercials (he has made several for Democrats across the country) are fundamentally misleading in many respects. He obviously tries to capitalize on public sympathy for his plight. He politicizes the fight against parkinsons and even accuses the republican candidates of obstructing the search for a cure. In reality, all Jim Talent did was vote to deny federal funding for embryonic stem cell research, a compromise position that represented a good faith attempt to bridge enormously complicated medical and ethical questions. Neither Talent nor any other republican voted to bar any stem cell research, embryonic or adult.

Rush asked a valid question, namely, did Fox stop taking his medicine to cause his symptoms to be exaggerated and therefore play on public sympathy even more. It turns out that Fox admitted, perhaps bragged is more accurate, in his autobiography to doing exactly that before Senate testimony. To me that type of behavior is shockingly manipulative and calls into question whether the media should be airing the ads, particularly since they are inaccurate to boot.

#25     Oct 24, 2006
  6. At heart, you've hit the relevant point. The Federal government's failure to fund stem research is not a de facto or tantamount to prohibition against said science. The Federal governments success in curing disease is right up there with it's success in building Islamic democracy and warring on poverty. That is it's nonexistent. Thus as usual the Left is bitching about another non-story.

Liberals should stay with their simplistic, well-worn talking points: Haliburton, no WMD's, tax cuts for the rich. Whenever the Dems enter discussions requiring I.Q.'s to reach above moron there's a danger of straying beyond the intellectual range of their constituents.

#26     Oct 24, 2006
  7. pattersb

pattersb Guest

That puts things in a different light. Wow, Rush wasn't making a joke in poor-taste. Goes to show, you can't believe everything you read linked to from ZZZZZZZZ.

Don't count the Left out, they will find a way to lose. I'll wait to hear from Ann Coulter, she is the attack-dog on this issue.

Michael J Fox seems like a decent fellow, a desperate move from a desperate man.

#27     Oct 24, 2006
  8. A close relative of mine died 2 yrs ago after suffering many years from Parkinson's Disease. I've had an illness for 12 yrs and have been searching for a "cure" ever since.

Allopathic medicine, biotech, stemcell research have been promising cures for ages and they have found mostly nothing nor will they find anything substantial.

There is an independent researcher sitting in a prison, in Florida I think, that appeared to have found a near cure for Parkinson's. Thousands used the highly refined substance that he developed through a simple process. Most patients had outstanding results, but the dark forces that hate the free market put a stop to his product and his life.

#28     Oct 24, 2006
  9. Fox has a terminal illness, whatever medication he is taking doesn't alter that reality, it simply masks the symptoms, and quite likely produces negative side effects in the process.

Is Fox trying to dramatize the disease?

Yes and no. I think for Fox and his family, and those close to the disease, there is no need to dramatise the reality.

For the brain dead Missouri voters eating their pork rinds and fucking their cousin, yes, some dramatization of the reality of the disease is important to wake them from their self induced comatose way of life to think about the need of our government to do everything possible to fight against terminal illnesses....

However, do we have proof that Fox went off his medication to alter his appearance?

#29     Oct 24, 2006
  10. #30     Oct 24, 2006