Rush Limbaugh Arrested On Drug Charges!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Apr 28, 2006.

1. No different than most of hollywood, or a lot of wealthy individuals who get caught doing stupid things. The disgust and outrage needs to be constant here. To be disgusted with one entertainer and not another is not acceptable.

Most of Hollywood is not condemning drug addicts, then turning out to be a drug addict in hiding. Yes, in hiding. Rush didn't come clean until he had to...

FYI - Ditto's as used by the legions means, "Hello, love your show!" as they use it.

FYI, "Mega dittos Rush" is the phrase used by dittoheads and means "I swallow all the swill you spew without thinking about it, tasting it or even smelling it."

#21     May 1, 2006
    #22     May 1, 2006
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Whitser, Whitser, Whitser.....

You're spinning like a top. I'm almost dizzy from your inane defense of this druggy.

No.....Here's the facts:

#1 Rush Limbaugh is a drug addict.

#2 Rush Limbaugh is filthy rich.

Point #2 makes all the difference in the world. If you don't believe that, then you better check with a good attorney. This is an area where I know what I am talking about. Trust me.

#23     May 1, 2006
  4. "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
    -- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

(Source: Conspiracy Planet)

#24     May 1, 2006
  5. Agreed! I have been saying this from day one. You have to start giving ALL of them major jail time for using illegal drugs. Not just the ones you find issues with. And they should also receive all the stigma associated with being criminals. Not a pass because you like them. :)

#25     May 1, 2006
  6. "#1 Rush Limbaugh is a drug addict."

i agree

"#2 Rush Limbaugh is filthy rich."

i agree

"Point #2 makes all the difference in the world. If you don't believe that, then you better check with a good attorney. This is an area where I know what I am talking about. Trust me."

my bona fides in this area are such that i don't need to "check with a good attorney", but feel free to correct me in something i said that was in correct.

since i agree with point 1, and point 2, i am not sure exactly what your point is, that i better check with a "good attorney" :)

so what is your point ?

fwiw, there is NO doubt that rich people can afford better attorneys, and ON AVERAGE (there are definitely exceptions) get a better deal than the average joe...

however, it is also true that rich CELEBRITIES are often arguably more likely to get charged, since prosecutors are so afraid of being SEEN as bowing to the popular pressure.

regardless, i am 100% certain about the fact, that can be empirically verified if u desire, that Dr. Shopping is RARELY PROSECUTED at all, and when it does - it generally results in light treatment, for first time offenders

if u disagree with that, i suggest YOU check with a good attorney

#26     May 1, 2006
  7. Limbaugh Facing Drug Tests Under Deal

By BRIAN SKOLOFF, Associated Press Writer 40 minutes ago

Rush Limbaugh must submit to random drug tests under an agreement filed Monday that will dismiss a prescription fraud charge against the conservative commentator after 18 months if he complies with the terms.

He also must continue treatment for his acknowledged addiction to painkillers and he cannot own a gun.

The agreement did not call for Limbaugh to admit guilt to the charge that he sought a prescription from a physician in 2003 without revealing that he had received medications from another practitioner within 30 days. He pleaded not guilty Friday.

"Do you think if there was any real evidence, we would have reached a settlement?" Limbaugh said Monday on his radio show.

Limbaugh said that he has been undergoing random drug tests for 2 1/2 years and "haven't even craved a painkiller since I got out of rehab."

Attorney Roy Black said in a statement Monday to The Associated Press that the agreement was "a common sense resolution and the appropriate way the state should treat people who have admitted an addiction to prescription pain medication and voluntarily sought treatment."

Prosecutors launched their investigation in 2003 after Limbaugh's housekeeper alleged he abused OxyContin and other painkillers. He entered a five-week rehabilitation program that year and blamed his addiction on severe back pain.

"I spoke recently with his doctor who told me Mr. Limbaugh has made an exceptionally strong recovery and remains firmly committed to continued treatment," Black said.

The Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office may revoke or modify the deal if Limbaugh violates the terms, according to the agreement.

Limbaugh, 55, had blasted the investigation as a "fishing" expedition and repeatedly maintained he was innocent.

Prosecutors accused him of illegally deceiving multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions, a practice known as doctor shopping. After seizing his medical records, authorities learned Limbaugh received up to 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months.

However, the single charge only alleges that Limbaugh illegally obtained about 40 pills, said Mike Edmondson, a state attorney's spokesman. He would not elaborate or explain why prosecutors scaled back the case.

Kendall Coffey, a former U.S. attorney and Miami defense lawyer, said the agreement is a standard deal for first-time, nonviolent drug offenders.

#27     May 1, 2006
  8. "Kendall Coffey, a former U.S. attorney and Miami defense lawyer, said the agreement is a standard deal for first-time, nonviolent drug offenders"

which is EXACTLY what i have been saying

hope that helps guys

#28     May 1, 2006
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Kewl.....But Limbaugh is still a drug addict. He's still filthy rich. And, a poor person may or may not have received the same "penalty" that Limbaugh received. But, I think we all know why Rush was able to avoid any jail time.

There's lots of indigent inmates locked up today, who otherwise would not be, if they had happened to have had an extra $30,000 laying around. (And being a Republican radio puppet didn't hurt his defense either.)

I really don't understand what seems to be your defense of this guy. Are you a lawyer who deals in these type cases or have you had some other reason to empathize? In my books, he's no better than those indigent druggies who will watch T.V. until 10 o'clock tonight, then hop onto their bunk.

#29     May 1, 2006
  10. In my community he would have never been charged. Especially as a first offense. Actually, I seriously doubt you could have gotten the legal community to even take this as a pursuable case. This is a white community style of case.

Rest assured though, first offenders in my community get probation mostly too. And while I am not happy about it all, the sentence was consistent. :)

#30     May 1, 2006