Rush Limbaugh announces he has 'advanced lung cancer'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optionpro007, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Rush Limbaugh's boyhood experience with cancer in his family inspired him to raise millions for a cure

By Greg Wilson | Fox News
    Rush Limbaugh says he has advanced lung cancer

69-year-old conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh says he was experiencing shortness of breath before seeing doctors who discovered the issue.

Fans of Rush Limbaugh, who announced Monday he has advanced lung cancer, may recall a gripping story the talk radio king once shared from his childhood that would inspire him to raise some $50 million to fight the very disease now stalking him.

Limbaugh, who held annual “cure-a-thons” for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on his widely heard radio program from 1990-2016, told listeners four years ago how he became driven to help fund cancer research. While a young boy, Limbaugh explained, he heard his father, also named Rush, talking in the family’s Cape Girardeau, Mo., kitchen with a cousin named Rusby. The houseguest was a doctor and he was stricken with cancer, his voice reduced to a rasp.

“And, they’re arguing over whether or not there will ever be a cure for it,” Limbaugh recalled, “and I remember Rusby telling my dad, ‘Rush, it’s never gonna be cured. Don’t you understand, Rush?’”

[​IMG]Video
    RUSH LIMBAUGH'S SHOCKING CANCER DIAGNOSIS SPURS SUPPORT, WELL WISHES

A short time later, Limbaugh said, his father told Rush and his brother, author David Limbaugh, that Rusby wanted them to have his dog. The father and two sons went to see Rusby and pick up a basset hound they named Jason. Limbaugh recalled visiting a rustic cabin in the woods, where the dying man told the elder Limbaugh he had lost all hope.

“What does it matter, Rush?” Limbaugh remembered Rusby telling his father. “I’m dying. Can’t you see, Rush? I’m dying.”

“And, he would cough up and spit something into a cup,” Limbaugh told his listeners. “I’m 10 years old. I’m not... This is shocking, it’s scary, it’s any number of things.”

In a grim twist, Jason would also die of cancer and be put down just before Limbaugh left home at age 20 on a journey that would see him land various radio jobs, work for the Kansas City Royals and then become the man who virtually defined modern talk radio and political analysis.

With the infectious optimism that many of his 20 million listeners have known well, Limbaugh in 1990 began devoting a portion of his program, once a year, to raising money to fund a cure for cancer. Over the years, he donated millions of dollars of his own money, generously matching the contributions of his listeners. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society President and CEO Louis DeGennaro said the man known to fans as "El Rushbo" helped bring in approximately $50 million over 26 years.

“Mr. Limbaugh used his significant platform to raise awareness about The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s mission to find cures while giving hope and encouragement to many patients and families coping with a cancer diagnosis,” DeGennaro said. “The funds raised through the Cure-a-thon have helped LLS support research leading to today’s most promising blood cancer treatments that have saved thousands of lives. All of us at LLS wish him a positive outcome.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Limbaugh said Monday he trusted his faith to get him through the battle of his life.

“I told the staff today that I have a deeply personal relationship with God that I do not proselytize about, but I do, and I have been working that relationship tremendously,” he said. “I am, at the moment, experiencing zero symptoms.”

#21     Feb 3, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Study Finds No Link Between Secondhand Smoke And Cancer
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/daniel...een-secondhand-smoke-and-cancer/#13d1a3b365d4

The study found no statistically significant relationship between lung cancer and exposure to passive smoke, however.
    The study doesn't cover the many other ill effects of breathing somebody else's cigarette smoke, of course, which include asthma and possibly cardio-pulmonary disease. I called Gerard Silvestri of the Medical University of South Carolina and member of the National Cancer Institute's Screening and Prevention Board, and he said the study merely confirms what many researchers already believed.

#22     Feb 3, 2020
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

As can be seen----there is no danger of cancer from secondhand smoke. It's a total myth.

#23     Feb 3, 2020
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

It WAS cigarettes. He only switched to cigars in the last 25 yrs.

#24     Feb 3, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

One study has proven that children that were subjected to second-hand smoke have a higher resistance to colds, flu, respiratory ailments, and variety of other ailments in addition to a higher rate of mesomorph type bodies (in males), higher standardized test scores, and overall higher generalized IQ evaluative scores. .
    ...just sayin.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    #25     Feb 3, 2020
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

link to study?

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/general_facts/index.htm

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/tobacco-and-cancer/secondhand-smoke.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_smoking#Evidence

#26     Feb 3, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

It certainly will be a tragedy if we lose him. The modern Conservative Movement is directly a result of his fortitude. He paved the way for many and everyone is standing on his shoulders. George W Bush and Donald Trump owe their election victories to him as well as Newt and The Contract with America and the Tea Party movement. None of it happens without his massive influence.

#27     Feb 3, 2020
    Optionpro007 likes this.
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Mark Levin and Sean Hannity do not have success without Rush's paving the way.

#28     Feb 3, 2020
    Optionpro007 likes this.
  9. Say goodbye to the addict.

#29     Feb 3, 2020
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

#30     Feb 3, 2020