Rush gets himself in trouble...damn liberals!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Could be he was referring to vicodin, but anyone with a basic knowledge of ebonics knows that hydro means hydroponic pot.

#71     Oct 4, 2003
  2. Guess that eliminates me.

:)

#72     Oct 4, 2003
  3. http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/state/2003-10-06-recall_x.htm?csp=1

While accusing Arnie of sexual harassment and of once saying he admired HITLER.....look at who is standing behind Davis....none other then Mr. Hymietown jackson......and who was out campaigning for Davis last week?? None other then William Jefferson Clinton.....who has been accused and was sued by two different women for sexual assault and harassment.....You think Davis ever asked Willie to come clean????

why is the press so silent about this blatant hypocrisy????

#73     Oct 6, 2003
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Has MAX401 verified this information for us??? :D

#74     Oct 6, 2003
  5. I thought it was interesting to watch the Eagles game Sunday, as McNabb and the announcers basically confirmed Rush's commentary. McNabb stunk, his stats were awful, he missed wideopen receivers, he threw fastballs to guys ten feet away, he tossed two picks, but he did pull off a gutsy runlate in the game. Still it was the Iggles defense that won the game, as they harrassed the Skins qb mercilessly in the first half and ended up being responsible for two TD's.

The announcers meanwhile fell all over themselves taking shots at Rush and basically putting McNabb up for the Nobel Prize, and kept referring to the horrible week he had endured. Well, he was the one who got up and started playing the race card. He was the one who acted like questioning the media's treatment of him was tantamount to burning a cross on his front yard.

The award for biggest jackass has to go to Eagles owner Jeffrie Lurie who accused ESPN of "institutional racism" for even hring Rush. I mean it's obvious NFL Commissioner Tagliebue is a fullfledged PC drone, but to hear an owner talk this way was startling. He also suggested that the league should punish ESPN or anyone else who subjects it to unflattering coverage. Where were the ACLU censorship monitors on that one? So the league's position is that being a conservative is equivalent to being a racist? Will that be the new standard for evaluating potential owners?

I also lost any shred of respect I had for Tom Jackson and especially Chris Berman. OK, Jackson is a former player, obviously no Rhodes scholar and probably under a lot of pressure to slime Rush. The fact that he chose to do it via a cheap shot back stab instead of confront Rush like a man doesn't surprise me but it sure lowers him in my eyees.

Berman on the other hand is just a total liar and coward. He is a smart guy and the supposed professional journalist. It takes him a week to see which way the wind is blowing, then he gets up the nerve to take on Rush, again with no danger of rebuttal. What a pathetic weenie loser.

On his show today Rush revealed that the producers had urged him to make his commentary "edgier." He said he called Jackson to discuss the incident upon learning that Jackson was "upset", something that apparently took Jackson two days to discern, but that Jackson never talked to him. Rush also said that there was never any agreement he would stick to football.

A lot of listeners wanted Rush to stay and fight this thing out, and I think Rush has had second thoiughts about his decision. I think he looked at it as the class thing to do, but now sees it just made his critics look justified. One thing is certain. ESPN's ratings would have been the highest ever if they had kept him and dealt with this issue, rather than acting like a bunch of children.

#75     Oct 6, 2003
  6. Being a Chicago native I do have some personal interest in this one. I just spoke with a group of associates who weighed in on the whole controversy last week. During lunch today they went over the numbers:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4650

The consensus was, the man's performance this year sucks big time. And there was a true astonishment when they looked at the lifetime numbers. They all were of the impression that they were MUCH higher. At least the mid to upper 80's as a QB rating. A low 50's rating this season speaks to more than just bad receivers.

Even the guys who were on the fence are wondering aloud now. He is a marginally average QB by all rating standards this year. So the follow-up question was universally asked, "Why don't the sports guys say so?" I'll let you know when the deadening silence ends. :)

#76     Oct 6, 2003
  7. Leaving the race issue aside for a minute... (Rush's comments were tastless, even if they were true- which is doubtful IMO. He should have been debated instead of silenced though).

Rush displays the hypocricy typical of social conservatives.
    Rush is on the record preaching IN FAVOR of the pointless 'war on drugs' being conducted with our tax money against innocent political prisoners. Now that's bad enough, but he's a drug user himself? What a fucking hypocrite. Reminds me of that televangelist who was caught with a hooker a few years ago.

What's next? Bill O'Reilly getting caught listening to Snoop Dogg CD's?

#77     Oct 6, 2003
  8. J. Edgar Hoover wore dresses and diddled young men in his private life.

1) Rush is an addict. No problem, he'll pay for his own rehab. Not on the taxpayer's dime! My, what would happen if his dealer got busted?
    2) Arnold is a tyrannical groper/molestorer. No problem, if he is a governor, he won't accept sexual favors in return for promoting bills!
    3) William Bennett is a gambler. No problem, it's his own money and "its never gotten out of hand". $8 million in 10 years!

Exactly what traditional family values do conservatives espouse?

Aren't conservatives embarrassed by these guys? And don't answer "Aren't liberals embarrassed by Bill Clinton" ( I imagine they were), because it's not an answer.

#78     Oct 6, 2003
  9. ****2) Arnold is a tyrannical groper/molestorer. No problem, if he is a governor, he won't accept sexual favors in return for promoting bills!****

Arnold's OK in my book- he's NOT a social conservative, and doesn't claim to be. No hypocricy, no problem. We've all grabbed our share of titties/ass uninvited in our lives (Well, at least I have :D ).

#79     Oct 6, 2003
  10. I guess the thing that annoys me about this whole episode is you could have a very good argument about McNabb. Instead, some writers saw an opportunity to force it into one of their favorite liberal bias prisms, the "conservative steps on racial landmine" type story.

I actually happen to think that McNabb is effective as a QB, despite his mediocre stats. He is effectively a running back playing out of position, and he's just good enough as a passer to pull it off. Is it racist to notice that? Dante Culpepper and "Air" McNair are similar in that regard, although they are better passers. And who can forget how exciting Kordell Stewart was before he was forced to stay in the pocket and try to be another Troy Aikman? I guess the answer now is it's racist and a career -ender for anyone to notice the QB position is being redefined by these superb athletes. And I guess the Steelers are guilty of institutional racism for ditching Stewart in favor of Tommy Maddox.

I think Rush overstated the case, but I do think there is a collective reluctance among sportswriters and commentators to come to grips with this. No wonder.

#80     Oct 6, 2003