Rush gets himself in trouble...damn liberals!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Oct 2, 2003.

1. And that's the saddest part of this whole thing... nobody called him on it.

Yes, it was stupid to say that "the media" wants a black QB to succeed for social reasons. What the hell does that mean anyway? (I see it now, sportswriters are huddled in their liberal think-tank rooms deciding which "black" QB they can promote in their articles each week) He made a real effort to inject his stupid, uninformed, unresearched opinion into the broadcast that included the suppossed targets of his criticism, and they sat there and took it. Absent minded, programmed fools. The fact is, Rush flies off the hook with his pre-programmed junk and the other hosts were reading up on the next points of "discussion". Anyone from production knows that you rehearse before going live. They would have gone over these points before it aired, so it allowed Rush to either ad-lib, in which case the other hosts weren't ready to come back with a pre-thought out response (as they're used to doing), or even worse, it was rehearsed, and the dummies let him get away with it.

And another thing... NFL Countdown and Primetime are shows that should be about football. Rush is a political commentator. ESPN was stupid to do this, and they should have known before this that it would be a failure. Ask ABC's MNF execs. They are owned by the same conglomerate.

#11     Oct 2, 2003
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Cut and paste from the article which started this thread.....

ESPN spokesman Dave Nagle said ratings for Sunday NFL Countdown were up 10 percent overall since Limbaugh joined the show this year. Sunday's show drew its biggest audience in the regular season since 1996.

I guess they were on to something til fat ass Sharpton got invloved......

#12     Oct 2, 2003
  3. cartm

cartm

LOL when it rains it pours........drug accusations against rush

#13     Oct 2, 2003
  4. My point is that you know Rush saw the numbers going up... and for obvious reasons (Dittoheads). But it's human nature... once you think you've got free reign to say anything, you do. He did and now he's been forced out because of it. Hey, they should have kept him on... everyone likes to watch a train wreck!

#14     Oct 2, 2003
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

And why should he not be able to say what he said??? it was his opinion.....resign or forced to resign I think not, only because the Sharpton bandwagon came on board perhaps...could he have said it in a more "SENSITIVE" way?? maybe.....I just think "BLACK" leaders and I say leaders not blacks in general use these cases to throw their weight around....NFL F**KING COUNTDOWN....Mcnabb should worry about scoring, not about what the media says.....

#15     Oct 2, 2003
  6. I don't think what he said was entirely racist. He said something he believes to be true. The least I would have done if I were ESPN would be to issue a statement and keep Rush on and see where the ratings go.

This time in a few months, nobody will have remembered or given a damn. The media always wants something to do and this week it was Rush's turn on the frying pan.

It was stupid for ESPN to let him go. They hired him because he is outspoken and opinionated, not because he sugarcoats everything.

#16     Oct 2, 2003
  7. You're just mad because you can't trade him:D :D :D Don't worry, hold onto him because he'll come up big from here on out... nothing to worry about.

I'm not saying Rush shouldn't be able to speak his mind... I like hearing ill-informed people speak. It often turns into unintended comic blurbs. But the bad part is that there is no yin to Rush's yang on the panel. And Aphee is right... ESPN should have kept him on after issuing a statement. They knew this would happen before they hired him and they should have been prepared.

#17     Oct 2, 2003
  8. ESPN runs a football-related series, Playmakers, each week that features incredible stereotyping, eg black players doing crack, knocking their wives around, screwign bimbo's in club bathrooms, DH's "crew", goodlooking white QB after girls, dumb white guy with polish name. I guess the "sensitivity" part only applies to a conservative and only then after the race hustlers get ahold of the issue and try to "Trent Lott" it.

I see that Wes Clark is getting right into the swing of being a Democrat candidate, as he was the first pol who jumped on thisissue. He wrote ESPN a letter demanding that Rush be fired. It's ok to call the President a liar with no proof or make up stories that Republicans want to cut medicare for seniors, but by golly we won't stand for a commentator on a sports show saying a QB is overrated.

#18     Oct 2, 2003
  9. clark and dean are taking a HUGE risk.....you know right now every interview, statement ect..is being combed through for even the slightest hint or race, religion ect.....you watch ...something from 20 years ago will come out....personally i think this whole thing is silly

#19     Oct 2, 2003
  10. It's not Rush's fault that the other panelists aren't on the ball. And what about the producer? They knew what he was going to say and if it was so damn crucial to "put it in context", they should have made sure someone addressed it.

Typical of liberals. If they want to attack someone, then they wrap themselves in the First Amendment,etc and if you dare say anything you are engaging in McCarthyism. If a conservative says anything, then they are banned for life, fired, kicked out of school, sent to sensitivity training for brainwashing and lucky not to be sent into exile.

#20     Oct 2, 2003