Rush Fatman Won't Be Indicted For Voter Fraud

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Limbaugh safe from voter-fraud charges
    Radio host encouraged fans to vote Democratic
    Friday, March 28, 2008 2:59 AM
    By Mark Niquette
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
    Radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh has been telling his audience for days now that he could be indicted for encouraging Ohio Republicans to take a Democratic ballot in the March 4 primary in what he calls "Operation Chaos."

Could that actually happen?

Not likely, Ohio officials say.

"We have no intention of prosecuting Rush Limbaugh because lying through your teeth and being stupid isn't a crime," said Leo Jennings, a spokesman for Democratic Attorney General Marc Dann.

When asked whether she has concerns about what Limbaugh did, Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat, replied, "I think it's very bad form, but I think most voters are intelligent enough to make their own decisions."

Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" in Ohio, Pennsylvania and other states holding presidential primaries is designed to help presumptive Republican nominee John McCain win the Nov. 4 election.

The idea is to encourage Republicans in those states to vote for Hillary Clinton as a way to prolong the Democratic fight for the nomination with Barack Obama, possibly making it more difficult for Democrats to unite in the fall.

Some critics have complained that Limbaugh is improperly encouraging voters to break the law.

In Ohio, party-switchers are supposed to sign a form attesting, under penalty of election falsification -- a felony -- that they support the principles of the party whose ballot they are obtaining.

But Jennings said it would be difficult to prosecute anyone because they also have constitutionally protected freedom of speech and it's hard to prove voter intent.

"You can't just make the assumption that someone is lying," Jennings said.

Neither Limbaugh nor a spokesman could be reached, but Limbaugh has a transcript posted on his Web site addressing listeners concerned about being charged with voter fraud.

"I wouldn't worry about it," Limbaugh said. "Look at this as a badge of honor, ladies and gentlemen. If anybody gets indicted, if anybody has to go jail, it will be me -- and I'll do my program from jail for the short amount of time I will be there before I am excused and the charges dismissed.

"I had the temerity, ladies and gentlemen, to tinker with a tradition, a liberal Democrat tradition: voter manipulation."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...3-28-08_A8_HV9P3PM.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101

2. they did it to Cynthia McKinney and beat her that way... i didn't hear the media complaining back then.

3. kut2k2

kut2k2

That's because McKinney was a Rep from Georgia and we're talking about a crime committed in Ohio. I'm surprised every state doesn't have a law like Ohio's; it would sure cut down on the bullshit Pub shenanigans. There's one asshole who signed his voter registration statement "Dem for one day only." If they don't prosecute his arrogant ass, it's obvious they're just blowing gas.

4. Arnie

Arnie

Dems cross over vote all the time, in fact they openly encourage their members to do that. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

PS. Zzzzz, you not qualified to empty Rush's chamber pot. :D

5. as a real conservative i find rush a treasonous fat basturd. anyone that endorses this drug hypocrite is a neocon fool that should be ashamed of themselves.

6. The media and democrats chose the republican candidate. Seems only fair that republicans get a say in one party's race.

7. kut2k2

kut2k2

Total bullshit. We got you Pubs on record for doing it: Fatass Limbaugh.

If Dems do it "all the time", give us the record for it or STFU.

Today's lesson for reichtards:

Accusations are not facts.

Repeated accusations are not proof.

8. "The media and democrats chose the republican candidate."

Poor, poor powerless impotent limp wrist impuissant republicans...they can't even chose their own candidate.

9. Illegal aliens vote for democrats at every election, why can't republicans?

10. and a lot of the republican leaders embraced amnesty. so what's your point?

#10     Mar 28, 2008