Rush challenges Obama to a debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Lightningdog was my nickname in high school. I was pretty fast back then.

#51     Mar 4, 2009
  2. Arnie

Arnie

Who looks dumber? Rush doing his schtick or the POTUS attacking an egotistical radio celebrity? Hell, they didn't think one was enough, so now they've gone after Cramer, too! All this is doing is putting more money in Rush's pocket and making the administration look ameteurish at best.

I'm sure if Bush had attacked Keith Oberman, Thunderpuppy et al would be talking about what a great strategery that was.

The good thing is that it's taking out attention away from what a GREAT job Obama is doing in restoring confidence. I mean, its not like the market has kept dropping since he got elected.
    :D :D

#52     Mar 4, 2009
  3. It looks like the Dems are trying to reverse the "cult of personality" and "celebrity" focus (like in McCain's Paris Hilton/Britney campaign commercials) that the Repubs tried on them.

It's getting a lot more attention than it deserves.

#53     Mar 4, 2009
  4. The intellectual level of the far right never ceases to amaze me. It always manages, somehow, to plumb ever greater depths of extraordinary stupidity.
    Look at the chart, Swifty. You might want to find a new argument.

#54     Mar 4, 2009
  5. Limbaugh has a 28% favorable rating among Americans.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/03/steele-apologiz.html

I doubt President Obama is too worried.

Limbaugh will only punch more holes in the GOP dingy.

True conservatives are seeking an intellectual heavyweight today, to revive their party.

Limbaugh is only sabotaging their chances of becoming a viable alternative again.

#55     Mar 4, 2009
  6. Thrice divorced, fat as a silo, draft rejected due to anal warts, drug addict, college dropout, racist, sexist, bigot...

I would say that is a pretty accurate representation of the republican party these days...

The followers of the republican party sure know how to pick a leader, don't they...

#56     Mar 5, 2009
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Whether he likes it or not, he owns this economy. Its his policies the market is reacting to. I'm sure if the market were up sharply since his election, you would be giving credit to GWB, right? :D

#57     Mar 5, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

I was under the impression the market is generally forward looking. And while the current administration certainly inherited a mess. According to the market, they are only making it worse. Not overly surprising, since their "solution" is simply MUCH more of the same run away spending of money we don't have.

#58     Mar 5, 2009
  9. fhl

fhl

Good advice, looking at charts. Thanks for the advice.

[​IMG]

#59     Mar 5, 2009
  10. Bingo!

#60     Mar 5, 2009