Rundown on Al Brook's Trading Room

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TimtheEnchanter, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Exactly. That's the only way you can build the trust, skill and knowledge needed to efficiently execute successfully in a live market.

Mentors, educators and trading rooms can of course be valuable at a certain point in time for someone starting out and act as inspiration for further research.

That's very impressive.

It's not uncommon for me to have all green days, but I don't think I ever had a 100 % win rate on a full week where I traded actively.

Is this the result of being very selective and possibly also wider stops with smaller profit targets, i.e., a scalping method?

#51     Nov 15, 2020
  2. mokwit

mokwit

When I see posts like the one you are commenting on I assume it is made by a sock puppet of the "trader" being talked about.

#52     Nov 15, 2020
  3. I have not. My high opinion of Al Brooks is due to my wonderful experience with his Price Action Course, and my similarly high regard for Linda Raschke is derived from her in-person seminar as well as countless articles she has written and webinars she has presented, both free and paid.

Every day I use price action concepts straight out of the box from these two folks.

I also benefit daily from the work of David Halsey, author of Trading the Measured Move. I also benefit daily from the work of the much maligned Larry Williams and his book How I made One Million Dollars Last Year Trading Commodities. Then there is Ed Dobson's The Trading Rule that Can Make you Rich, Victor "Trader Vic" Sperandeo's first two books, and Marty "The Pitbull" Schultz's work as well. And how could I forget Jeff Cooper - another vendor who actually has shared extremely useful information that I use on a daily basis to trade all markets and time frames.

Those who have traded with me for at least a month have come to know I speak the truth as far as my use of the materials cited above and how I apply them in real time every day to trade the emini.

Here is another class act: My swing trading is influenced a great deal by Gary Smith, ET's own @007Arb who wisely posts very little here at the forum, though I would love for him to come by from time to time and give his opinion on the bond market, both corporate junk and government.

The vast majority of material produced by trading educators is garbage. But here at ET too many allow that fact to lead them to throw the trading baby out with the polluted bath water. Trading is not different than any other human endeavor that requires knowledge, skill, and emotional and mental discipline. To think that it can't be distilled into communicable concepts and transmitted through speech and writings is flat out wrong.

#53     Nov 15, 2020
    Slope Trader, slugar, speedo and 5 others like this.
  4. volpri

volpri

:rolleyes: They both were likely making money in the markets long time before thee! ROFL

#54     Nov 15, 2020
    slugar likes this.
  5. volpri

volpri

Um....I divulge my secret sauce openly so it is no longer a secret LOL BUT alas, it appears not many have a palate for my sauce ROFLMAO My secret sauce tries to effect a paradigm shift and undo what the gurus have been telling us for years that we should be doing. If it is true that 90% to 95% of traders lose then the rules and traditions they have been taught, absorbed and put into practice...well they might be faulty??? If we keep doing the same thing we have been doing can we really expect different results and really expect to escape that high percentage rate of losers?

#55     Nov 15, 2020
  6. Is there a particular reason your secret sauce method is trading a few MES and not multiple contracts of ES?

One would think that if a method really was a secret sauce - one would rapidly be able to scale up and compound on it. But maybe there's other reasons for that not happening. So, just curious about that.

Thanks.

#56     Nov 16, 2020
  7. QTrader20

QTrader20

My scalp trading system must be 1) at least following intraday trend & 2) relying heavily on entrance techniques. Why step 2) quite important is because a) I'm safe from those false ones while entrance signals aren't triggered, b) I'll cut loss when entrance signals reverse and c) it allows me to slowly increase # lots to trade as more profits coming in.

Since my entrance signals are very good at identifying "sweet spots" most of the time, it increases my system win rate above 80% (out of hundred of trades.) Therefore, I've no trouble to maintain R:R @ 2 to 1.

P.S. Signals that I used aren't from indicators like MACD, STO and etc.. because they are lagging most of the time. I develop my own stuff which I've NOT seen anyone using these on ET/Youtube. Anyway, I prefer to keep everything in private for now. I'll disclose my trading system and my broker's statement here to some if I'm able to rack up a couple of 7-figure profits. Trolls, go ahead to laugh and say whatever you want.

I'm currently planning to register an LLC (due to high tax in my country) and put part of my profits into it so I can scalp all in and all out with this account. I plan to either go home big within a year or two or none with this account.

#57     Nov 16, 2020
    Laissez Faire and ffs1001 like this.
  8. Sounds good.

But you do use indicators...?

That's wise. I stopped sharing details as well as soon as I developed stuff that was not 'public knowledge'. And also after being called some nasty things by several people on this site. LOL. :)

Good luck. :)

#58     Nov 16, 2020
    QTrader20 likes this.
  9. volpri

volpri

Who says I don’t or haven’t traded multiple ES contracts? What works on ES will work on MES but most if not many traders on ET can assume the risk trading ES with my “not so secret sauce”. I actually recommend traders doing it on SIM. It takes a lot of practice. Bottom line if the trading strategies and tactics works on Mes it will work on ES. So look at the charts in my journal. Did they work on MES?

#59     Nov 16, 2020
  10. snowman80

snowman80

:D

#60     Nov 16, 2020