Run on the banks have begun...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PocketChange, Sep 26, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

You don't understand. They don't have ALL depositors money on hand... most of it is loaned out to business and mortgages.

If you can't get "all of yours today", it's because they were not anticipating EVERY DUMBASS DEPOSITOR... who doesn't understand banking nor FDIC (nor virtually ANY financial concept for that matter... well, except, "I WANT it... CHARGE IT"), coming in at one time to withdraw all they've got.

If you have to "come back tomorrow", then do so. Unless you've got >$100K on deposit, withdrawing cash confirms you're a TOTAL IGNORAMUS...

Then again, the American political and financial system was built on the concept that we would forever be completely ignorant of financial matters...

#11     Sep 26, 2008
  2. There's one right across the street. Lobby is empty.

Only douche bags like you wait in line to get your FDIC INSURED deposit.

#12     Sep 26, 2008
  3. The tellers at Wachovia won't let me withdraw a single cent.

Probably because I don't have an account there.

#13     Sep 26, 2008
  4. LMAO.

#14     Sep 26, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

At least the regulators got ONE right!!

#15     Sep 26, 2008
  6. the problem is the fdic prints money to cover that 100k insurance. if there was a run on the banks get ready for hyper inflation.

#16     Sep 26, 2008
  7. They could prevent 90% of this by raising the ancient cap on FDIC limits.

#17     Sep 26, 2008
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

I think the run starts at the top ( Millions being withdrawn ) and not some "dumbass depositor" taking his $1825.00 out....Perhaps he is the late one to the "Run on the Banks Party" ....

#18     Sep 26, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

Accelerated inflation is already here and in our future. "Hyper" is a degree of magnitude not yet in evidence... and printing money to honor FDIC guarantees won't give us that.

#19     Sep 26, 2008
  10. My guess is there have been inflows to banks.

For people some people, they may have been moving monies around so they have a good portion of their money parked in bank accounts in strong banks where they can take advantage of the 100k insurance.

#20     Sep 26, 2008