"Run on the bank" scenario at IBKR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jan 25, 2009.

1. all of port's other threads are so full of suck that he had to dig around and resurrect one that smells of a winner. I'm sure that his cornhole is burning from his triple-leveraged financial bear double-down.

#31     Apr 24, 2009
  2. Oh my god look at this statement during the conference call. Is there going to be more 11 million dollar mistakes to come??

"Our strict risk controls have not completely immunized us from the secondary effects of the financial crises as our results have been largely impacted by competitive pressures on spreads," CEO Thomas Peterffy said.

#32     Apr 24, 2009
  3. cvds16

cvds16

it's obvious you don't know shit about option market making, but then again you don't seem to know anything about trading whatsoever ...

#33     Apr 24, 2009
  4. Why did IBKR crash so hard. I don't follow financial news.

#34     Apr 24, 2009
  5. Daal

Daal

It appears that they are the only US financial who didnt beat by a mile, it might have something to do with a lack of level 3 assets that they could writeup

#35     Apr 24, 2009

6. There not in the club?

#36     Apr 24, 2009
  7. Diego11

Diego11

If you ask me I would be buying both AMTD and IKBR

#37     Apr 24, 2009
  8. The only clear thing in this thread is that Port is a moron.

#38     Apr 24, 2009
  9. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Actually that's half right. The other part is that kiwi will show up and defend IB on any thread in any section. Whether he's right or wrong. (In this case, however, I have to agree with him. But that doesn't mean he's always right.)

kiwi and port are different sides of the same coin.

Like Jekyll and Hyde. Superman and Bizarro. Virgin Mary and Mary Magdellan. Red Ste/Blue State.

#39     Apr 25, 2009
  10. PART of IBKR problems: they have irritated many $100k-$500k ACCOUNT BALANCE CUSTOMERS ..(ME INCLUDED)...who have taken much of their trading business to other brokers who actually have customer service people who do NOT treat this size account as a "piker account"..................DUH !!!!!!...........

#40     Apr 25, 2009