"Run on the bank" scenario at IBKR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jan 25, 2009.

1. "...closing out a short position on the AMEX and then seeing the next morning that the position was not closed."

It was closed out, then it wasn't?

Port1385
    1502 (5.33 posts per day)

Perhaps less talk and more attention to your trades?

#11     Jan 25, 2009
  2. Daal

Daal

Dont feed the trolls

#12     Jan 25, 2009
  3. kowboy

kowboy

So true, but I need to.

Port, when you outright state there is a run on the bank, we would expect you to substantiate that, otherwise please refrain from posting unsubstantiated allegations.

#13     Jan 25, 2009
  4. pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

#14     Feb 21, 2009
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Tadah!

#15     Feb 21, 2009
  6. moarla

moarla

go back and chaeck the posts from Port1385 and you will see he is an ignorant idiot.
    So why not close the treat?

btw, port1385, check the last earnings, (last quarter): you will need 3 lifes to earn maby 10% of that amount, and compare those earnings with other bank/broker earnings...

hahahahahahahah

#16     Feb 21, 2009
  7. From someone who is doing 100,000 trades/year with IB... this.

ET is a traffic whore...
    Their business model is to attract total idiots...
    And deliver them to the Big Mook Skinning Machine run by the Securities Industry.

#17     Feb 21, 2009
  8. Mark2m

Mark2m

I am posting a reply ,only since I am considered a junior member, haven't had too many opportunities to contribute to threads. Unfortunately, as a junior member, I can't rate IB (which I have used and still use for the last 7 years, or MB (for the last 4 years) or go back to Schwab, Harris, Ditech, Ameritrade, etc.. and the various data streams I used, or EOD and real time charting programs (for the last 10years).
    So here is my two cents, to add to my total which will provide me someday the opportunity to post on brokers and charting,

I agree with the general consensus that this guy is an idiot.
    enough said.

#18     Feb 21, 2009
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Me thinks you might be walking on thin ice, Port. Good luck.

#19     Feb 21, 2009
  10. I suspect that Port has an axe to grind because IB turned down his account application. A shady credit history, no or low income, low net worth, etc, and IB will turn down your app. Or if they decide you are too amateur and cause problems they will just dump you.

Sorry IB doesn't want you Port, but I bet they have a few good lawyers just waiting to litigate your sorry azz. Normally they couldn't be bothered with such a pissant. But these are not normal times. The subpoena is probably already on the way to Baron. He'll turn over your IP and it will be easily traced to your ISP. These days, trying to cause a panic and bank run by posting false info and slander is likely to result in prosecution.

Just an opinion. They may just ignore you. Good luck.

#20     Feb 21, 2009