Run don't walk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nitro, Apr 5, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

2. Magna

Magna Administrator

While that's a good price for the SyncMaster 191T 19" LCD relative to it's list price, it's really not that great. Doing a simple scan I found them for $690 at NeutronUSA.com, $698 at NexCom Direct and ComputerHQ.com, $714 at Megamax, $715 at Royal Computer, $717 at TechSavings.com, etc. etc.

3. nitro

nitro

Those are all silver. Try finding a black one for less than $749.

nitro

4. nitro

nitro

WOW!

ComputerHQ has the black one for $679!!!! Thanks for the link!

nitro

5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Glad I could help. Of the companies listed above I show that NeutronUSA.com, Megamax, Royal Computer and TechSavings.com also have them in black. Of course, best for anyone interested to confirm availability.

6. I'd be careful of companies like this. For instance, a search on computerhq.com for 191T returns 4 results:

Samsung LCD 19" 191T-Black $679
    Samsung LCD 19" 191T-Silver $695
    Samsung 191T-BLACK 19" LCD MONITOR BLACK $780
    Samsung 191T-Silver 19in. LCD Monitor $780

Strange that they would list the black and silver models twice at different prices.

Clicking on cheaper of the two "Samsung LCD 19" 191T-Silver" monitors reveals that its really a 181T that's been mislabeled. Could the 191T-Black for $679 be a mislabel too? If so, the $780 price for the other two would seem to be more in line for a 191T.

7. nitro

nitro

Aha!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are clever! Thanks for pointing that out :mad:

nitro :cool:

8. Tide31

Tide31

Have the old Samsung SyncMaster's, was going to upgrade to the Dell 19" LCD's for around $500 or so apiece. Are these 191T's really that much better?

9. nitro

nitro

I have seen things back and forth that the dells are in fact the "same" monitor as the 191T. Then I have seen that they are not quite the same.

Do a search (upper right hand corner) on this site and decide for yourself.

nitro

10. nitro

nitro

#10     Apr 5, 2003