Rumsfeld in a TV report said that the Moon landing was a film ordered by Nixon !

Discussion in 'Politics' started by harrytrader, Nov 24, 2003.

1. This thread really got me laughing (once more).

I couldn't believe people would still be discussing this hoax almost a year after!

They screened this here in Australia Foxtel on April 1st, 2003. I was watching this and having mighty fun, although I thought the "evidence" etc was really really poor. Then I got a call from my dad, asking if I'm watching this. I think it took me 3 days to convince him that it was clearly a hoax.

Then at work, how many people came into our Galleries, talking about the fake moon landing? It was ridiculous! So many people just believed it! I was like: "The program was fake, badly acted, there is boatloads of evidence they DID land on the moon (amongst such as bringing hundreds of kg of moon rock with them which people can look at LOL), not to mention how easily the Russians would have liked to (and would have) figured it - all apart from the fact that it was screened on April fool's day!"

My words were futile, I might as well have been talking to a wall. Never underestimate the gullibility of people!

What's the reason for this? Sensationalism! More often than not, people want to believe something that would add more excitement to their lives - even if it wouldn't be true. Drug use is an extreme form of this, but it serves the same purpose. And people, once they WANT to believe something, they WILL believe - No matter how obvious the hoax or whatever may be to an objective observer!

Is this something that affects only harrytrader? No! It affects 100% of people. And that's precisely why most traders fail.

Mark Douglas zooms in on this in "Trading in the Zone", as #1 reason for trader failure; Once people are involved, they only see the information that is favorable to their hope/belief, while banning from their mind all information that is unfavorable to their current intended belief decision/system. All this happens subconsciously. Consequence? Any information that could be interpreted as "painful" or "unfavorable" to their current position/belief is filtered and you're left with an extremely subjective decision making process, making you susceptible to all kinds of errors, such as holding onto a losing position, cutting off your profitable position, and believing that people never landed on moon. :D

I hope this wasn't too much for the people here. I know it's not as complicated as harrytrader's stuff, so it should get the message across.

Bottom line rule #1 for traders is: Be critical, ice-cold, and improve your objective observation & decision making processes.

Thanks goes to harrytrader for another entertaining thread!

Scientist

#41     Jan 12, 2004
  2. Babak

Babak

3. Babak!!!!!! it this you????:confused: :D :D

NEWSWEEK ON AIR | 1/11/04
    IRAQ: SIGNS OF CIVIL WAR?
    Babak Dehghanpisheh, NEWSWEEK Baghdad Correspondent and Joost Hilterman, Middle East Project Director, International Crisis Group, Baghdad

Refereeing in Hell
    GIs are dying. Rival factions are turning on each other. After freeing Iraq, can we keep it from coming apart?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3927768/

#43     Jan 13, 2004
  4. Don't pop poor Harry's bubble. He believes all this stuff.

#44     Jan 13, 2004
  5. I have a theory that Harry is actually the originator of all the urban myths found on this website:

http://www.snopes.com/

#45     Jan 13, 2004
  6. you're right, Harry.

#46     Apr 11, 2004
  7. By random I have found a link on that
    http://www.absolutwade.com/cgi-bin/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=1&search=general+walters

"Moon Conspiracy
    On the television in the background tonight, was a show called "The Dark Side of the Moon", an Australian/French documentary on the Apollo moon missions and the validity of them. What made me take immediate notice of the show was...
    Posted in Absolut Wade Weblog on April 1, 2003 12:00 AM"

but strange when one clicks on the link every archive of April is available except this one :D

#47     Jul 15, 2004
  8. rumsfeld isn't a general, is he?? :confused:

i thought he was an ROTC man who ran a pharmaceutical company..

#49     Jul 15, 2004
  9. Check some of the more recent posts - seems harry was easily sucked into believing this BS because he's so willing to believe almost any conspiracy theory (no matter how ludicrous), even one's that are put on as a joke to show how easy it could be to fool people.

Even after he was told it was ludicrous he was spouting how the REAL astronauts all died or went nuts afterward - obviously not knowing (and bothering to do a simple check) that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldren are both still alive.

#50     Jul 15, 2004