Rumsfeld cutting to the chase

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Rumsfeld is awesome, but today he made the all too common mistake of referring to enemy guerilla fighters as 'terrorists'.

Like most people, he needs to be taught the difference between the two.

#21     Mar 25, 2003
  2. :confused: isn't the invasion predicated on the Iraqis being terrorists?

#22     Mar 25, 2003

3. The USA is targeting a bunch of violent assholes, while avoiding civillian casualties- even at the price of Marines losing their lives.

#23     Mar 25, 2003
  4. skeptic123

skeptic123 Guest

No. It's predicated on Iraqis having illegal WMD.

#24     Mar 25, 2003
  5. if the Iraqis are not terrorists, then why are the WMD illegal?

#25     Mar 25, 2003
  6. the sad thing Madison is that your posts might actually be representing the opinion of a citizen of the united states. Of course you are most likely not of voting age so it doesn't matter.

#26     Mar 25, 2003
  7. why are you so angry today???????? Cmon man. lighten up today....this war has got everybody a little on edge....but in the end, the Daisy Cutter 2000 will prove might is right.........I will say this too.....for a country with no banned weapons , they sure are launching an awful lot of weapons they don' have....I thought the best story of the weekend was the Iranian missiles thought to have come from us.......IRAN APOLOGIZED because they came from IRAQ!!!!!!! Iraq will use the chems and they will definitely tru to hit Israel in the next 48 hours with a nasty one hoping to draw the arab nations in.

#27     Mar 25, 2003
  8. :confused: wtf are you talking about? what opinion? I asked a question.

#28     Mar 25, 2003
  9. skeptic123

skeptic123 Guest

The UN authorized Gulf War I in 1991 ended with a ceasefire, not peace.

The condition of the ceasefire was Saddam's pledge to get rid of WMD and provide credible evidence that it was done. Now, 12 years later he obviously failed to do it and thus violated the ceasefire agreement.

#29     Mar 25, 2003
  10. so then the invasion is not based on a fear that Iraq will use the WMD, but rather because Iraq still has the WMD contrary to the UN's mandate?

even morondotrader wouldn't make that statement...

if there is no fear that Iraq will use the WMD, ie, that Iraqis are terrorists, then the whole thing makes no sense.

#30     Mar 25, 2003