Rumsfeld cutting to the chase

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Headline in Friday's Washington Post:

"Anti-U.S. Sentiment Abates in South Korea; Change Follows Rumsfeld Suggestion of Troop Cut."

-------------------------
    Rumsfeld when asked by a reporter who had noted that the US was dropping cluster bombs on Taliban and Al-Queda and a human rights group was asking why the US was using such bombs:

"They're being used on frontline al-Qaeda and Taliban troops to try to kill them."

------------------------

Rumsfeld on the "occupied territories":

"My feeling about the so-called occupied territories," he replied, "is that there was a war, Israel urged neighboring countries not to get involved in it once it started, they all jumped in, and they lost a lot of real estate to Israel because Israel prevailed in that conflict."

------------------------

Love it! :)

2. dis

dis

3. Brother hapaboy,

Thank you for these quotes.

I broadly agree with Rumsfeld's comments on the occupied territories... Israel got the land in its self-defense, and there is nothing wrong with that at all... but I hope that there will ultimately be peace between us and the Arabs, and this will allow the formation of some kind of homeland for the Palestinians, living side by side in peace with Israel...

With feelings of fraternal warmth for you, my dear Brother...

Candle

4. Brother Candle, though I too have hope for peace, I must say as long as Arafat is entrenched the likelihood is miniscule.

With wishes of happiness & security to you and yours,
    Hapa

5. I agree, Arafart must go (permanently)...

6. Insh'allah bokura ma'alesh.

Do you even know what that means or is your name Stevie and you live in Orlando?

7. Brother hapaboy,

The best policy is to use the ignore function on this Islamic fanatic...

Love,
    Candle

8. I'm right. Mo isn't a Muslim fanatic. He doesn't even understand basic Arabic.

Say hello to Stevie from Orlando! :D

9. ROFL...

10. Shouldn't you be on your knees kissing sand while praying that we don't come kick your ass next?

#10     Mar 19, 2003