Rumour: Goldman Sachs has over $80 billion invested in oil...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by crgarcia, Jan 2, 2008.

1. guys, what's the problem with oil at $100?

It's a scarce commodity where demand excess supplies and will keep on doing so until the last drop has been extracted.

It's not the markets one needs to curb, it's the behavior of people when it comes to consuming oil.

oil should be trading at $500 and maybe the world would waste less of it. That would be a natural way to curb excessive consumption.

We need oil at $500 for the world to understand the risks we're facing as a species

#21     Jan 5, 2008
  2. the nymex energy contracts are ruled by size. some dipstick has his finger on a nuke's worth of capacity. in practice it's a puddle of a market

#22     Jan 5, 2008
  3. just21

just21

Bottled water costs more per barrel.

#23     Jan 5, 2008

4. True to the last drop.

The problem is not that CL is at $100 a barrel. The problem is the wage a man earns which is ussually lower than the average. Everything else has gone up in prices (inflation) but the minumum wage is battle going up hill that will never catch up. It will always be behind. Fuck Crude oil! Fuck the price of Gold. Fuck the price of meat.

How in the hell can a family of 4 make it in this country earning an average of $40,000 a year when fucking bread at the supermarket is like $2.79 a loaf for good bread. Fucking bananas are as mich as .50-.55 cents a pound. Fucking strawberries, rape my ass beccuse they are too expensive.

Fucking crude oil. There are fucking cars that can be made that can get 100 miles a gallon, but fucking government won't approve them! Fucking crude oil. FUCK i am mad.

I was happy all morning until I logged in...fucking egg....can't wait till Monday :)

I am going to get one these and save money :eek:

#24     Jan 5, 2008
  5. Well...try to have a nice fucking weekend anyway.

#25     Jan 5, 2008
  6. BJL

BJL

So you can buy about 40 loafs of bread per day. That's more than 90% of the world population can afford.

I feel so sorry for you.

Oh, and you should probably fuck a little bit less if you can't feed the outcome.

Oh, fyi where I live I pay about $10 per gallon for gasoline...

#26     Jan 5, 2008

7. BJL don't feel sorry for me, the family of 4 is not me...and regarding your $10 p/gallon, obviously you don't live in Venezuela :p

#27     Jan 5, 2008