Rumors floating uptick rule reinstated as of12:30am

Discussion in 'Trading' started by timscott, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Anybody see anything factual?

I googled couldn't find anything.

2. man that would be the strangest thing if true. I was taking a nap earlier and I had a dream where I was trying to get short something at .80 and I couldn't get it because of the uptick rule. I was begging and begging for an uptick and finally got it at .70.

but back to reality...they would need some time to implement these changes if true. I hope to god it's not true :)

3. Thank god I am trading forex now. As soon as I left the equities market I never looked back.

4. Daal

Daal

funny how the SEC tries to make changes at panic moments. of course they will claim its just a coincidence

5. I'll believe it when I see it.

I really want to see 'em rescind the PDT rules. Protecting peeps from shady business practice is one thing, but what's the gubment doin protecting peeps from themselves?

Stupid.

6. Darshan

Darshan

This is what you get when you have a bunch of stiffs making the rules who don't have a clue about the markets...

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if true

7. Casey30

Casey30

The government has a long history of creating laws protecting "peeps from themselves." If you don't like it, which I certainly don't, vote liberterian.