Rumored Apple ipad3 info.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Me too. 8yo is desperate for it, but didn't want to wait for the 3. Nice that they'll be available in a week or two.

#11     Mar 7, 2012
  2. S2007S

S2007S

These upgrades are nothing out of the ordinary...its obvious as technology advances processes will get faster and cameras will take better pictures, these aren't breakthrough achievements, enough already.

#12     Mar 7, 2012
  3. I think they did a great job with the LCD and proc. I held off until now, but this seems like the sweet-spot. This things are going to sell well beyond current analyst expectations.

#13     Mar 7, 2012
  4. opt789

opt789

Which one are you getting? We will be using it 90%+ at home so it doesn’t seem worth it to pay an extra $130 plus the monthly fee to get the cell connection. I was thinking of getting the 32gb wifi for $599.

#14     Mar 7, 2012
  5. Ya, I have the 4G hotspot so we'll get the 32GB wifi. I rarely use the hotspot and stream on our unlimited iphone data plan. I don't see the utility when the new service is limited to 5 gigs.

My guess is that these will sell-out. I am sure that apple has underestimated the demand.

#15     Mar 7, 2012
  6. S2007S

S2007S

I guess you have to hold off when buying ipads since they update them every 98 days.

Who wants to buy something that continues to get outdated.

Always trying to play catch up, best thing to do is go out and buy a used ipad 2 from a friend for $99....thats the only way to take advantage of the new ipad 3.

#16     Mar 7, 2012
  7. opt789

opt789

Can’t even pre-order right now, the Apple site is being overloaded.

#17     Mar 7, 2012
  8. I'll take all you have at $200.

#18     Mar 7, 2012
  9. very good update, retina display will be awesome.

32GB is the sweet spot, i have the 16GB ipad2 right now and it's not enough with the 3d games taking up 1gb a pop plus any itune hd movie also takes up a few GBs. If you use only at home/hotel like i do, wifi is the way to go. But i know a lot of people who use it on the road then the 4G upgrade will be a godsend for them, it's significant.

the whole website is hosed, cant order anything. i bet it's already 3-4 weeks delayed now online /sigh ....not looking forward to trying snag one at the retail zoo...

#19     Mar 7, 2012
  10. There is probably gonna be an arb opportunity. Buy 10-20 of these things and sell them on ebay for 10x markups.

#20     Mar 7, 2012