rumor - large bank contacted the FED

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Cheese

Cheese

So many on ET are ignorant as to how 'power' works.

Also I don't want to break into rumours which appear to be based on true inside information and I am not going to refer either to current or past connections of my own in high places. It is an irritating thing for those that want the melodrama of more breakdowns, as many bank busts as possible and shit hitting the fan in every direction - it ain't gunna happen. The Federal Reserve, the Presidency, Congress and the Fed Govt do not want that. They're not just stating that in public, they working behind the scenes to ensure that it won't happen.

Lehman is de-leveraging its balance sheet as part of all this. I'm not going to spell out how that is done but it is not rocket science. You also have to understand that all the parts connect and talk to each other - investment banks, large banks, the Fed, some important politicians, etc - all the conduits of power.
    :)

#31     Jul 10, 2008

2. You mean the Fed is buying Level 3 assets? :eek:

Short da dollar.

#32     Jul 10, 2008
  3. July 13 (Bloomberg) -- Wall Street's biggest regulators are examining whether securities firms adequately police rumor- mongering used to manipulate stocks after shares of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac tumbled last week.

U.S. regulators are already hunting for traders who may have sought to illegally profit from the credit crisis by falsely stoking panics about the stability of companies including Bear Stearns Cos., which collapsed in March amid speculation that clients were pulling business.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?...nc_Y&refer=home

#33     Jul 13, 2008
  4. zdreg

zdreg

is it revealed or reviled or both?

#34     Jul 13, 2008
  5. How can you check on the health of a Bank?

#35     Jul 13, 2008
  6. ssblack

ssblack

Call Dr. Bernanke.

:D

#36     Jul 13, 2008
  7. For those with real money in the banks, this was a real question and the answer is:
    To check the banks quarterly results.

By examining banks' ratios of defaulting loans to total outstanding loans and to reserves and stock -- two measures of a bank's health.....

#37     Jul 14, 2008