rumor - large bank contacted the FED

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Short GE, I don't see how they can make earnings expectations.

#11     Jul 9, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

GE will be the TEENS sometime over the next 6 months.

After earnings it should be around 22-24.

GE earnings will not beat.

#12     Jul 9, 2008
  3. there have been rumblings about wack bank for the last few months.

#13     Jul 9, 2008
  4. Sperm bank?

#14     Jul 9, 2008
  5. I call BS on this thread without being supplied a link

#15     Jul 9, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

There could be any number of them, IMB, DSL, WB...they all have terrible books and I cant see how any of them will survive without a bailout. I'm sure others do as well, but IMB, DSL and WB are the one's I've taken the time to really look @.

#16     Jul 9, 2008
  7. Probably Lehman

#17     Jul 9, 2008
  8. Cheese

Cheese

This thread is essentially old news. Federal Reserve policy implies assisting the liqiuidity of any large bank. Both the Fed and the Federal Govt have predetermined not to allow any new crisis or new meltdown. That is how its going to be.
    :)

#18     Jul 9, 2008
  9. #19     Jul 9, 2008
  10. What suprises me most about all this talk is the way that the Fed and the Treasury have been talking about this shit for over a week now. I mean they have pretty much guaranteed that someone is going down. why the hell else would there be all this talk and supposed preparation around formulating a 'plan for the orderly dissolution a major investment bank failure'. I mean why formulate an evacuation plan if you are not anticipating a disaster. It seemed fine for all these years before the Bear Stearns debacle. That came and went and the world did not come to an end. Now all of the sudden it seems so important to have a plan???
    Seems to me what that clown Paulson and his merry band of jokers are saying is that "we know some of you fuckers are going down, and we ain't got the peso's or inclination to bail you all out. So we are writing some rules so that you don't fuck up the whole game for all of us".
    I mean seriously, does anybody think that we are not gonna come out of this a few regional, a money centre, and possibly another IB lighter?

#20     Jul 9, 2008