Rumor - is Mac/Refco in trouble?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by asdftrader, May 26, 2005.

1. I would love to, but I am too lazy....too.

Another problem I have is that I make too much money trading, so much, that the time I would have to spend making copies and scanning and saving and posting
    your request would translate into the possible loss of many thousands of dollars for me.

Damm, even writing this small message could be costing me loads of money.....
    Am I charging anybody ? No. So.....

You can go to their website and order a copy of the magazine. It's free. Thanks.

:D :D

#81     Jun 2, 2005

2. Just checked the website. Don't see a June/July issue there. Is this the issue you are referring to? (if it doesn't cost you too much $ to reply) :D

#82     Jun 3, 2005
  3. marky1

marky1

whats the website address?

#83     Jun 3, 2005
  4. #85     Jun 3, 2005
  5. int34

int34

I just read all of your whining and crying about mb, tg, and the all of Refco. I personally traded at Refco and made a bunch of money. If you failed you were nothing but a hack and a lousy trader who couldn't manage their own risk or profit with all of the tools in your favor. Quit whining and take responsibility for being a lousy trader and please get a job in a different industry.

#86     Jun 22, 2005
  6. By Steve Stroth
    June 22 (Bloomberg) -- Refco Group Ltd., the world's biggest privately held futures brokerage, said it agreed to acquire the global brokerage operations of Cargill Investors Services for $208 million.
    Cargill will receive an additional $67 million to $192 million, based on the performance of the acquired operations, New York-based Refco said today in a statement distributed by PRNewswire.

#87     Jun 22, 2005
  7. stockop

stockop

i think that the problem some people read the thread get on their high horse and talk about how great of the traders they are and want to tell everyone about it. i read the thread and see people trying to talk about why the chicago office went down the drain.

yes they are bashing TG- and he should be bashed- he is a very bitter person, quite an asshole. as far as mb i didn't see him being bashed in fact most of the traders stayed on b/c of him, i think there was an assumption in some of the threads people were talking about him but in reality and my experience they were actually talking about jeff christ-he put that company on a nose dive straight into the ground- he was liar and all he cared about were commissions- if the office was red $20k for the day but roundtunrs were up he would walk around with a smile and talk about that it was great day- can you say idiot - no wonder he got fired and is now a runner at the cme.

this thread seemed to me was about why the chicago office went to shit. why 99% percent of the traders are red. why the few successful traders are leaving .

so before people come on here and bash everyone in this thread read it carefully

listen to the to the link posted on here it was actually pretty interesting.

dsguns how are things? still sporting the pink shirt?heard you got something in the mail recently

taking responsibility for yourself doesn't mean you can't talk about why an office as a whole is hanging on by a thread

#88     Jun 22, 2005
  8. hey:

is refco a decent prop shop?

#89     Jun 22, 2005