Rumor - is Mac/Refco in trouble?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by asdftrader, May 26, 2005.

1. actually i think dsguns is the one being sued. maybe he is just trying to be politically correct.........wasn't he the one talking about severing his prop contract? all sort of makes sense now..but hey, what do i know i am just a rat.

#51     May 27, 2005
  2. PallMall

PallMall

...already has...

but what do i know, i'm just a mole...

#52     May 27, 2005
  3. You're right he started the thread about severing a prop deal, here was his post;

"Would like to hear some comments on people who have or have attempted to prematurely sever their prop trading agreements, either with monetary provisions, time provisions, or any other restrictive covenants. How has your former firm responded? Has anyone tried to take legal action against you? Im sure there are plenty of stories out there. Thanks !!!!!!!!!!"

Obviously he is on the ropes and trying to back peddle. If they are really actually suing him, then him defending them is quite stupid as he should be trying to discredit them in court rather than boost their reputation here.

#53     May 27, 2005
  4. Guy I know who works at refco on the last grad program says people there 1 1/2 yrs still are not making money and refco have moved people back on the simulator from live.

London office isnt great - I should know as I worked there for a bit - it was 1/2 empty most of the time.

#54     May 28, 2005
  5. PallMall

PallMall

when were you in London?...just curious for a time frame perspective

#55     May 28, 2005
  6. I am in contact with people there. I didnt really 'leave' so much as relocate....

#56     May 29, 2005
  7. - Doesn't the London office seat around 350? even at half-empty thats a lot of traders.

Don't mean they're all making money though of course....

#57     May 30, 2005
  8. Side question. I know just being in an office is a license to print $, but exactly what are they doing that allows them to make thier millions.

Or what were they doing. Or what did they thing they were doing. Or what did they wish they could do?

#58     May 30, 2005
  9. Can anyone tell me ANY information regarding the Sydney office of Refco?

ANYTHING you know!

Thanks!

#59     May 30, 2005
  10. It's slow if you're trying to do eurex, the local stuff is ok but there are no "big" traders there. I know a london aussie guy who tested it out when he went home. You can email them for info

http://www.macfutures.co.uk/html/sydney.htm

#60     May 30, 2005