Rumor - is Mac/Refco in trouble?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by asdftrader, May 26, 2005.

1. wait a sec ... if REFCO MAC is having problems

would not this be reported in TRADER MONTHLY ?

or futures magazine?

:confused:

#21     May 26, 2005
  2. Nate,

Was Tom Gould one of the clowns hired and fired? I knew him from another firm years ago. Heard he went to Mac. He was a gruff person who took things personally and seemed bitter about life.

A lot of hostility here for this Mac firm. I have found that the firm is not really the issue. You can turn an office around by the management. What the previous management did is not relevant. As soon as Refco brings in the right guy, assuming they do, the office will be a new place and probably a good place to trade.

An office is like a trader in that it is only as good as its last trade or manager in this case.

Trade on!

#22     May 26, 2005
  3. Tha's funny Seth......... F' in hilarious!
    :D :D :D

#23     May 26, 2005
  4. PallMall

PallMall

right-o! TG is the king clown! that guy is fu#*in' worthless! and bitter - i hope that guy never gets a job in the industry again!

but you're right, it takes a few good people to pull it together...in due time...

#24     May 26, 2005
  5. it does take a few good people ... but it takes london's management to let them. and the new managment has to be solid. they have to earn the trust and respect of the existing traders- as well as be willing to shake things up and challenge the old ways of the london management.... that was part of the old problem.. the idiot gm they hired-was hired b/c they new he would be a puppet for london and he he couldnt even do that right... he put them a good year behind .. some good traders left b/c of him..

#25     May 27, 2005
  6. dsguns1

dsguns1

Pall and Nate. What the heck is wrong with you guys???? Sounds like you cant except responsibility for your own actions. Which is why neither one of you will go very far in this business. Sorry, but its the truth.
    MB was a good manager and a successful trader. As for TG, I never went through the training program at Mac, but he is a good guy.
    You guys are typical, blame your shortfalls on other people. Pretty sad.

#26     May 27, 2005
  7. PallMall

PallMall

who are you to make comment about my success or failure simply bc i think someone in this biz is a fu#*in' idiot? You're right, I can't be successful and think your a clown...thx for the Douglas speech - you tool!

btw, I hold MB in high regard so check your premises buddy.

PM

#27     May 27, 2005
  8. when did i ever say anything negative about mb? your opinion about tg is your opinion. you are in the minority. the office is red with or with out me and thats a fact buddy ...my trading has nothing to do with the office direction and what went wrong there.. i have some very good friends there and wish them all the best. as far making assumptions about how far i will go in the business, well you know what they say about people who assume......

#28     May 27, 2005
  9. dsguns1

dsguns1

I know who both of you are and have seen both of you trade, you have no discipline. Dont blame TG on your shortfalls.

#29     May 27, 2005
  10. PallMall

PallMall

okay DG.

need a lawyer...i could throw you a couple names?

#30     May 27, 2005