Rumor de jour:EU to prepare "shock therapy" for markets - 2 trillion EURO bazooka

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Europe must raise the amount of funds it has earmarked to arrest its fiscal crisis and deploy a 2 trillion-euro ($2.7 trillion) “bazooka” before time runs out, said Nouriel Roubini, chairman of Roubini Global Economics LLC.

“I’m very concerned of things getting out of control,” Roubini said in an interview at Bloomberg’s Dubai office yesterday. “You need a huge bazooka of at least 2 trillion euros, but you can’t wait three months. You have to do it in the next few weeks.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...needs-2-trillion-euro-bazooka-for-crisis.html

Seems, Roubini got it right this time - maybe... :cool: :eek:

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

3. more bullshit promises and rumours.

these euro clowns have no idea what they are doing.

wait till thursay when trichet goes unchanged and denies any market problems.

all hell is gonna break loose.

they are out of their depth.

greece is done and the euro is done as we know it.

the market is not interested in rumours of deals anymore.

hence the price action.

4. To be honest, I did not expect the US sell off today.

I expected tight range chop...till later this week.

I have a feeling the panic is slowly setting in based on the Euro Zone and it's empty promises. Spain, Italy are in serious trouble and Greece is finished.... Pumping more money in the system will be a short term fix but Germany isn't going to be dragged down, good for her.

The Pain is coming people. They Global Banking System can not kick the can down the road much longer.

INDU could see 10,000 easy this month if not push to 911 lows.

I see zero HOPE in the US. The American MOOD is far worse than it was under Carter. We are going to see massive deflation in Asset Prices all over the place, Gold may be the only safe haven. OIL, Markets, Consumer goods, et all could see price decrease...which would be welcom'd by the many struggling citizens.

Cheaper goods and services are on their way.

There was a huge buying opportunity in GOLD last week, in hindsight.

5. Disagree. Seems to me they know exactly what they're doing.

This is all a delaying action now to avoid being the first major currency with sovereign default. They're banking (heh) on their ability to outlast the US and Japan.

You don't have to outrun the grizzly, you just have to outrun one of your fellow hikers.

6. I'm going to come down to Wall St and start selling diapers. I figure in the next few weeks, I'd sell enough for a nice vacation...

7. sheda

sheda

I have read this stuff so many times I now laugh at it, how ever accurate:D

8. So basically if it's made of paper don't buy it unless it's for wiping your rear end.