Rumor--big Non-Farm # tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ddefina, Jan 7, 2010.

1. He probably had it on manual calculate and forgot to hit F9. He's kicking himself now.

#31     Jan 8, 2010
  2. S2007S

S2007S

You know whats funny

-85k dow futures off JUST 18 points

+85k and the dow futures would have been up 85-100 points.

You would think with such a hyped number, where most thought jobs would be added, news comes in at -85k, to notice the futures off less than .20% shows you that no matter how bad the news is they are still trying to pump the market higher.

#32     Jan 8, 2010
  3. Ok, My stops was triggered, I saw the volume was too light, didn't go with short. stay out. I lost some and then gain some after the number, didn't hurt that much. ouch. nevertheless.

#33     Jan 8, 2010
  4. LOL I hate the manual calculate. Have spent many hours trying to figure out what's wrong with my formula in the past, only to find out I didn't hit F9.

#34     Jan 8, 2010
  5. kjreddy

kjreddy

i guess the NFP report will not break-down the dow/s&p since their is a clever trap laid for that ... NFP positive would be rally for dow/s&p , NFP negative is USD index negative and hence the markets will rally...

so either way dow/s&p will always rally.... irrespective of the fundamentals

#35     Jan 8, 2010
  6. amazing how the market will rationalize bad news when it is in the all news is good news mode. that said this might be a good spot to take a short.

#36     Jan 8, 2010
  7. Looks like you have got it all figured out, time to put on your 100 lot trade :D

#37     Jan 8, 2010
  8. yes when it looks like they it checkmated no matter what something will happen. now see gold fell right back down as the $ reskied so that gig is up for the day. now its just the us gov't buying the futures as all the other players say screw this manipulated shit i'm not playing anymore. so soon it will be the us gov't and gs buying and selling to each other

#38     Jan 8, 2010
  9. Doesnt matter what the figures are - this think just keeps going north!

it could have been -300k for the NFP, but it would still end in the green!

#39     Jan 8, 2010
  10. parker

parker

The thing that I don't understand about the complaint that the government is buying is this:

If the US government is buying, and your convinced 100% this is the case, why complain?

We are traders, and if there is an opportunity (i would consider an endless supply of money into equities a pretty good opp), why are you crying foul and swearing that your going to stop playing?

If your playing basketball and you know the ref will give a certain type of call 100% of the time, why not take advantage of it?

I don't get it, who complains about an endlessly headed up MKT? Long term implications are something else, I'm talking about trading, right now.

#40     Jan 8, 2010