Rumor: Apple buying Yahoo?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Studies have shown this doesn't matter, as placing ads from within e-mail accounts is not very effective, but, hey, neither is spam.

#31     Sep 24, 2011
  2. J Ski

J Ski

#32     Sep 24, 2011
  3. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

I've always wondered if gmail and yahoo mail are losing businesses. I almost never logon, so I see ZERO ads. But I download via IMAP multiple times daily.

#33     Sep 24, 2011
  4. hajimow

hajimow

YHOO is acting interesting. Started postive today as the market was up and then dropped as the tech stocks dropped and I call the drop as distribution for YHOO. Now the buyers are coming back and there is a high chance that YHOO might close green again.

#34     Sep 26, 2011
  5. hajimow

hajimow

I agree with you on that GOOG is far superior to YHOO in search engine and growth but in order to compete, you don't or cannot buy the first rate competitor. The good thing about YHOO is that it has lots of potential buyers even if AAPL rumor does not come true. This news has been confirmed by a newsrelease from YHOO itself on last Friday. So possibility of a take over is not a rumor anymore but AAPL/YHOO rumor is still a rumor.

#35     Sep 26, 2011
  6. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Apple buying Red Hat is unlikely, and these bets are not worth it IMO (kind of like the VC model - a broken one), but buying red hat as a brand hedge for the PC market - versus rolling out PC OSX Unix - might be a good idea. Although I don't get the point of beating up Microsoft... Steve Jobs is obviously much less worried about this given the run in huge markup ARM devices Apple now sells.

#36     Sep 26, 2011
  7. Bob111

Bob111

#37     Oct 3, 2011
  8. hajimow

hajimow

Trading idea:

Sell Weekly Call 15 and buy Jan 2012 Call 20.

#38     Oct 3, 2011
  9. hajimow

hajimow

Yesterday trading volume for YHOO was 500% daily trading volume. Market melted and YHOO was up like 2.5%. 6AM on Monday, it even hit $15. Today (Tuesday) market is down over 1.5% and YHOO is up almost 2.5%. Don't miss this excitement. You can easily double your money in short term. YHOO will be sold in 2 months but who is the buyer? it is unknows at this moment.

#39     Oct 4, 2011
  10. hajimow

hajimow

5 million shares traded in the first 10 minutes of market open.

#40     Oct 4, 2011