Rumor: Apple buying Yahoo?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Sep 20, 2011.

1. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Yhoo email sucks, along with the woman who was leading it (speaking of which, meg whitman, hp? LOL)

#21     Sep 22, 2011
  2. hajimow

hajimow

That woman is fired. Not many people share your opinion on YHOO email. It is my default email. Not because gmail sucks, it is because I have already been using it and there has been nothing wrong with that so why to change. By the way, YHOO is not email. It is email, search engine, social media, dating, news, advertisement media, shopping,....

#22     Sep 22, 2011
  3. Bob111

Bob111

:D :D :D but it's true man! i have a ticket at IB that was opened like a month ago,regarding some trading issues(which should be a first priority) and no respond whatsoever. at same time there was some problems with yahoo real time data and not only i got an answer in 2 days, they fix the problem shortly after.

#23     Sep 22, 2011
  4. hajimow

hajimow

It might stay just a rumor but market is melting and YHOO is green. Can pop up to $16 in a couplle of days or hours. who knows but tape reading shows very bullish.

Volume is also three times regular trading volume.

#24     Sep 22, 2011
  5. hajimow

hajimow

6. hajimow

hajimow

I hear that YHOO will have an announcement by the end of the coming Tuesday. Stock is up over 6% today and volume is 300% average volume. If nothing happens by Tuesday, I might sell my shares. So far a nice profit but I am looking for another at least $10 pop from here.

#26     Sep 23, 2011

7. That's what a "professional" would do. Flip coins too?

Yahoo has yet to decide what it wants to be when it grows up. I use it all the time. They've yet to make a dime off me.

#27     Sep 23, 2011
  8. they are to produce 3D windows,calle iView.It was my idea,they should split the profit with me.

:D

#28     Sep 23, 2011
  9. hajimow

hajimow

That is not flipping the coin. That is evaluating the risk and reward and then nibble in with weighing in the rumor and going with the flow.

By the way, Yahoo does not send the bill directly to you. When you use Yahoo to read the news, Yahoo gets paid from the ads in the page.

#29     Sep 23, 2011
  10. Lol.

Yang is a moron. Rather than sell at what clearly was way more than the company was worth he wanted to keep his job and maintain his personal status quo to the detriment of every shareholder even though it would have been more prudent to sell the company than let microsoft retract its bid.

There is no advantage for AAPL buying YHOO. None. Zero. I haven't seen or heard any rumors on my newswires and I follow a lot of wires. (Maybe with respect to AAPL, I see there has been some talk about YHOO but none with regard to AAPL acquiring YHOO).

Apple should not risk its strong balance sheet to gamble on any other company or growth prospects but their own. All any acquisition would do, especially one as large as Yahoo!, is send the stock price plummetting because not only would it really be just a huge drain of capital, but there is no other company in the world that has the internal cash flow that Apple does. So much so that they will keep growing, and the world would be coming to an end if they ever stopped selling iPhones.

I don't believe Apple needs to make any acquisitions, especially on a third rate company like Yahoo!.

PS: Every study in the country that's been done on search effectiveness shows that Google is superior in every way to any search engine you'd like to compare. Secondary databases built from third party financial reports like reuters are not an advantage or reason to use Yahoo's search engine, as it is clearly inferior just like every other search engine that isn't Google.

#30     Sep 24, 2011