Rumor: Apple buying Yahoo?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Bob111

Bob111

very true. yahoo finance is still my number one choice and i'm using it every single day. even for a daytrading. and if appl is going to buy it-i'm absolutely certain that they will f**d up everything.
    rest of the crowd like goog or marketwatch or whatever-they just pure crap..would be a big headache for me..

#11     Sep 20, 2011
  2. They have a real big share of the e-mails, comparable to hotmail I think.

#12     Sep 20, 2011
  3. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Adrian Perika at Goldman Sachs San Francisco would be the man behind this. I have his number... maybe should call, but won't. He now works for Apple, ir is a liaison. Since Apple lost AdMob to Google, they've been vigilant about purchases, but they acquire maybe a third of what Google does, and maybe a quarter of what HP did (lol... did... HP management freaks/deliquients) - if I recall correctly, 8 very small aquisitions last year.

The redhat idea sounds great - with Jobs leaving, this may happen. What a story I'd it were a success. Build your own Mac is also an inevitable return. Apple will mount up the PC business only when they're a success everywhere else - which IMO is close, dont forget their inefficiencies in the branding an retail baggage...

#13     Sep 20, 2011
  4. Are you kidding?

Offer them 44 and a snickers bar

AAPL/YHOO would be an interesting merger IMO. Yahoo just doesn't profit like Google does. They could if they were forced to though.

I've had yahoo! as my homepage since '98. Goog isn't even close.

#14     Sep 20, 2011
  5. Bob111

Bob111

same here. i have an email with them since they offer it, and using it every single day. for all these years-no complaints whatsoever.
    CS regarding various issues with yahoo finance-top notch. much faster than IB :)

#15     Sep 20, 2011
  6. i prefer gmail, but i heard yahoo has updated their email interface. is it actually an improvement? i use das trader, so i get all of my data and news via that platform. i even use idastrader for quotes on my iphone lol as a younger person, i would have to say that i don't know anyone who uses yahoo for anything, while everyone uses a macbook or iphone. yahoo doesnt offer any unique products (please inform me if i'm wrong) so to me, apple buying yahoo just doesn't seem like a good move.

#16     Sep 21, 2011
  7. hajimow

hajimow

8. BSAM

BSAM

LOL---Bob you crack me up, dude!
    The discussion could be about the south end of a north bound mule and you could somehow tie in a slam on IB.

#18     Sep 21, 2011
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Stick with gmail.

#19     Sep 21, 2011
  10. hajimow

hajimow

Check out YHOO pre- market in this down day. Definitely something is cooking. Downside risk is very limited.
    if rumor materialzes => YHOO will be at $40
    if rumor lingers => YHOO at $15 to $16 range
    if market tuns positive => $YHOO at $18 if market rallies 10%
    worst case YHOO will be $13. So risk is very limited.
    Much better than investing in stocks like NFLX or ...

#20     Sep 22, 2011