Rumor: Apple buying Yahoo?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Sep 20, 2011.

1. hajimow

hajimow

I have started to hear this rumor recently from some trusted sources. I have no position in either of the companies but I like the idea. Anyone has heard the same rumor? Does it make sense? I think if that happens , both stocks will fly.

2. hajimow

hajimow

I just bought some YHOO shares AH. What the heck.

3. i don't think apple would really gain much by acquiring yahoo. isn't yahoo kind of second rate these days?

4. hajimow

hajimow

Second rate compared to Google ? yes but in order to complete your portfolio , you cannot buy the first rate. I can name at least 5 companies which if they buy YHOO, will achieve big but I see AAPL can score big but maybe I am wrong.
    AAPL will have emails, search engine, lots of social media, apps,..... and can compete better with MSFT, GOOG, Facebook.

5. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Apple has #1 Us market cap now, how much bigger can they get?

6. I see the future!

7. I think AAPL should buy Red Hat (RHT) http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=RHT

Offer a premium of $50.00 a share ($10 Billion), make it as user friendly as Ubuntu and then they have a fantastic OS for the PC market and other devices. MSFT has a market cap of $226 Billion for their OS, RHT is well worth the $10 Billion.

RHT would also be a good acquisition for GOOG.

8. Your link to Yahoo's Finance site is the reason Apple should buy Yahoo. Google Finance is a distant second. I've tried it from time to time, but always go back to using Yahoo.
    The others I use for my Internet market news are Bloomberg, CBS Marketwatch and Kitco. But Yahoo is essential. It ties everything together very nicely.

9. they should buy facebook.

10. S2007S

S2007S

Why would apple waste time buying yahoo, that would a worthless step to make.......I mean apple is the biggest, and I hate saying this, but no company stays on top forever.

#10     Sep 20, 2011