Rudy joins the race, with big kiss from sexy wife...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Oh come on AAA, this is a sideshow.

If Rudy were an arch social conservative on issues that you agree with, you would overlook the other stuff.

You support Romney because of his social conservative positions...

#41     Feb 7, 2007
  2. NYC's homeless problem was exasperated by Rockefeller's dismantling of New York's mental health system. Most of those folks are dead and gone. Living on the streets is hardly a long term lifestyle.

On the other hand Z, lot's of down and out folks know that panhandling is best suited for high income areas. Compare the number of beggars in Union Square to The Mission.

I lived in New York under Dinkins and the economic revolution was already beginnig. Demographics and capital trump politics. Look at China.

Rudy was a very capable administrator. Being mayor of NYC (or L.A. or Chicago) is a tougher task than being a Governor. Since Ford's loss to Carter we've only had 4 years (GHB) of non-Governors as President. I sure as hell don't think running Arkansas is a qualification in itself either.

And no Z, NYC's murder rate fell FAR more than the U.S. average. Peak to trough it was 75%. Remarkable. Certainly not all of it was policy but on a break so severe there's much credit to go around.

#42     Feb 7, 2007
  3. There are going to be some who work the system, for sure. However, research, you know the scientific kind, has shown that many homeless have some real mental health issues that keep them from getting better, or getting decent jobs.

Look at China?

That is funny...we see how much of what really goes on in China?

LOL!

#43     Feb 7, 2007
  4. Moonbat alert.

#44     Feb 7, 2007
  5. I wouldn't call Romney a social conservative. Unlike the other candidates, he's still on wife number one, but he staked out some fairly liberal positions on some hot button issues. He's trying to wiggle out of them now. McCain has a very conservative record on social issues.

I just think Romney is clearly the most capable candidate. He was a successful venture capitalist, he took a mess with the Olympics and turned it into a big success, he's been a terrific governor. He's a very smart guy who, like Obama, graduated form Harvard Law School.

Rudy and McCain seem way too comfortable with the idea of big government being involved in everything, everything that is except enforcing the immigration laws.

#45     Feb 7, 2007
    #46     Feb 7, 2007
  7. Cesko

Cesko

Hydroblunt's post. Why doesn't it surprise me??:D :D :D
    Next will be, you don't know shit and should do some reading to get "real insight".LMFAO:D :D :D

#47     Feb 7, 2007