Rude answers spot someone who is doing poorly in life?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Sep 8, 2010.

1. joe4422

joe4422

But there are few successful traders that would have time to post rude comments on a forum, if any at all.

#21     Sep 9, 2010
  2. I agree with Tom. I think one's social status would not automatically make him rude or polite. I think a person's behavior and attitude boils down from his upbringing.

#22     Sep 9, 2010
  3. An aside on lions aka CLOSERS - in the non-trading sense since trading is rel. new to me - but lions operate in many Maras and Serengettis.

I was in the home of a middleaged couple selling a large home-improvement package. Everything went well and I was getting consistent yesses to my pre-closing questions.

Then I dropped the final question - gentle but firm intention with gaze-holding, "Let's get you on the program - how do you spell your last name?" .... I had the credit app out and started writing - a minute later, she said, "wait a minute - and almost in embarrassment she blurted, "before we buy anything we always ask Jesus"

Now that is a fckin deal killer - prob. the worst I ever heard. But I had already tasted blood so was thinking furiously as inpiration shot up and blurted, "go ahead and ask him right now!"

They were even more shocked by this ridiculous suggestion, but after looking at each other, they got up and went into another room that was a prayer room.

I waited. 10 mins., 15 mins., then they came and very dejectedly said, "sorry, but don't feel bad because sometimes he takes a few days to answer.

This was bomb #2. This is the classic "think-about-it" but with an obnoxious twist.

You see, any logical approaches would be shitcanned. One had to go out of the box.

So with a straight face, I said, "can I go in and ask HIM? I am after all roman catholic" This tickled them to no end - thinking they were off the hook they said, YES.

I'm in the room for 10 mins., come out with a smile so huge and so infectious, and blurted in high decibel, "he said, BUY!"

I continued with the paperwork and they didn't stop me.

The deal was approved the next day and I got my comm. within 4 days = $4,600 for 2 hours work.

Referrals followed for weeks.

This is what lions do!

:D :D

#23     Sep 9, 2010
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I don't know for rude answers, but trying to convince an audience that one thing is not doable because you failed at it is for sure the signature of someone doing poorly in life.

#24     Sep 9, 2010
  5. This is certainly true!

#25     Sep 10, 2010
  6. dtan1e

dtan1e

more indicative of the level of stress in the someone's life, i know a fund mgr who is an absolute ass

#26     Sep 10, 2010
  7. A few are. I have a real trader (not a paid mentor) helping me understand certain ways of looking at market and levels. He pointed out a lot of things to me.

#27     Sep 10, 2010
  8. For leisure activities they are.

If you are a daytrader then likely you are a loner and have no friends, much less wealthy friends.

Exactly, you get rude replies from people who aren't satisfied with themselves.

How well are you doing, is only judged by yourself.
    The key is to feel OK with yourself.

The ultimate definition of a loser is someone who hates himself.

Actually, when you feel OK with yourself, you have MORE drive to do things and do it better.
    This reminds me of the tests where those who were told they did well, did even better in future tests;
    while those told they did badly did even worse.

So, in short your rude reply tells me you are doing poorly in life.
    Are you a 40 year-old virgin living in your parents basement?

No, in fact I have never been rude.
    Sharing my words of wisdom about the dangers of daytrading is quite altruistic.

Then you can bet he is lossing heavily, and hiding losses from his customers.
    Why would a succesful person be so mean?

#28     Sep 11, 2010
  9. 41 and a half..

#29     Sep 11, 2010
  10. "Only" is a strong word. Ditto for "never", "always" and "free". Should be used sparingly, if at all.

Psychologists would refer to "it" as displacement. The proverbial kicking the dog syndrome.

As for YOU Garcia, you seem to have a hardon for daytraders.

Eh...........issues?

"Your" wizdum????????????????????????????????????????

Pound your chest, fuckhead. Maybe a Tarzan yell (rather than a yodel).

Oooh, oooh, was that rude?

#30     Sep 13, 2010