RTS Algorithmic Trading Webinar

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by travis, May 16, 2009.

1. [/QUOTE]

Why would he do anything like that?

I am sure he has the same standards you do. You never do any singing about the cash cow results on those charts.

This is inconsistent and only Basic as a foundation. All software ATS's need to be developed by going through the standard industry development.

Can you see that only a few trades were done and the signals are only consistent in that NO fractal jumping is going on. Some of those hold periods go on for hours at a time. they do make most of the trading range each traverse, but that is not too swift is it? Scaling out and scaling in could be added to lessen the profits and make it more like a quanht operation.

Do you see that the bar of the trade always gives up (meaning loses) the traded bar volatility.

There is NO price Action involved as yet. We aren't going to add price action but we ARE going to ADD three more shells to the Basic Cash Cow.

We only turn this around once a day as our process. Right now we are doing a nomenclature up date to make sure all three pats are consistent.

You may notice that the daily multiple of the ATR is quite low.

I think my IB costs were a little high and I might have missed by a factor of 20 instead of 10 on the net for the day.

#81     May 22, 2009
  2. Can you sing?

can bwolinski sing.

Can marketsurfer sing?

Can babak sing?

Can Nitro sing?

Can thunderdog shit dog poop?

Everyone has their challenges.

I did the rain in Spain to plant singing in your head; what more can you ask... you hear singing for each post now as it is....

The rain in spain is mostly on the plain...... I think you've got it. By jove you've got it.

A cash cow is born. It was born in March...lol....

Look at that chart from Scott and his crew. Its a Multichart ...a purple amd green machine... a machine... its mosty in the range... across the range on the plane.........

Look at that fucking ATS trade ... it has it made in the shade... on the plane.....

[​IMG]

I know you only do stocks so what is the singing bit you have entrenched in you mind.....?????

#82     May 22, 2009
  3. Have a good weekend everyone... See you all in Vegas...... in November......lol.....

#83     May 22, 2009
  4. Then why has Roughtrader only made about $4K in two months?

Could you ask ScottD to post a quick update? I trust you'll understand that I don't have a lot of faith in what you post.

#84     May 22, 2009
  5. So you're going to skip outta here without telling us why you didn't turn $10 thousand into $1 million in 100 days and post updates on ET as you promised your former IBD group you would? Why doesn't that surprise me?

#85     May 22, 2009
  6. P.S. Jack, given how your account of Roughtrader has evolved (below), I'm curious about how what you said about ScottD will turn out...

Roughtrader started his journal 03-25-09 11:07 PM and since then you've gone from:

04-23-09 01:26 PM
    "For SCT like trading, rough trader takes 1500 dollars to 94,000 dollars"
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2399521&#post2399521

To:

04-26-09 06:51 PM
    "Bottom line: looks like roughtrader makes 20,000 a month on two contracts average while scaling out of entries on his ATS"
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2403231#post2403231

To:

05-22-09 07:28 PM
    "Rough trader is only making a couple thousand a month on a couple of contracts. He needs to make one adjustment to make 20,000 a month. He needs to add 18 contracts to his trading cars"
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2437715#post2437715

#86     May 22, 2009
  7. Where else can you go for entertainment that matches ET?

Sitting with my glass of red wine reading a plethora of lunatic posts after reading about the drunk London trader.

Wonderful.

Many thanks Jack. Your math is like your mentoring, truly phenomenal.

#87     May 23, 2009
  8. I think my exchange with Jack was very informative and thank him for his time. Among the things I learned:

1) Jack said his hindsight drill was "DEFINITELY NOT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT" and "a piece of cake."

2) Jack still thinks stochastics is a leading indicator.

3) Jack claims ScottD is still working on Cashcow... even though ScottD's last post on ET was over two months ago and in it he said that Cashcow 1.2, which had been certified by Jack, was not consistently profitable. I've asked ScottD for an update here:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2438060#post2438060

4) Jack's claims about Roughtrader's profitability have gone from "1500 dollars to 94,000 dollars" to "20,000 a month on two contracts" to "a couple thousand a month on a couple of contracts."

#88     May 23, 2009
  9. P.S. I also learned how Jack either developed Cashcow or discovered electricity... not sure which because the following was in response to my questions about Cashcow and ScottD's status:

We all got over the initial euphoria of the initial interaction and we had to settledown and put our shoulders to the dashboard and its lighting.

We waited two days for rain and we had kites of all colors and keys attached to our kite strings.

Finally, at midnight the rains precipitated the components, the degrees of freedom and a lot if kite strings got mixed up and it was hard to unravel them.

Also our keg got hit by lightening and blew the bung hole wide open.

Duty bound, we reported out our work. We chose the background color of ET for all numbering right then and there since is just dawned on us after missing a whole night's sleep.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2437695#post2437695

#89     May 23, 2009