Rsj - Liffe Volume 38 Million Q1 2010

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Apr 30, 2010.

1. well i rest my case.

last nights debacle in the us is just the tip of the iceberg.

ALGOS AND BLACK BOXES CREATE LIQUDITY.

YEAH RIGHTOOOOO

directly or indirectly this is all part of the problem.

the exchanges have lost control.

maybe a good thing will come out of this and they will ban them.

but probably not as some bullshit excuse will be given and it will be business as normal.

i think some real questions need to be addressed here though.

how the fuck can individual stocks be pushed to zero.

what happened to all the liquidity this systems provide.

time for the game to change before these systems take companies under , banks under and cause some real permanent damage.

LAST NIGHT WILL HOPEFULLY EXPOSE THIS BULLSHIT.

FAIR MARKET - BOLLOCKS.

#21     May 7, 2010
  2. ynox1

ynox1

Do you really think that there would be a market to trade, if tomorrow they came out and said "no algos and black boxes allowed to trade"?? There would be no market.
    I agree that they should be very strict and investigate if they are trading with themselves, but apart from that, if they are providing liquidity to my market, then let it be.

#22     May 11, 2010
  3. How long have you been in the game ynox1?
    Of course there would be a market and I would fucking love it.
    I am lost for words at your assertion.
    Bring back the good old days! (as if that's going to happen...)

#23     May 11, 2010
  4. ynox1

ynox1

not enough opportunities for you these days?
    in 10 years time people will be looking back and refer to now as the good old days.

#24     May 12, 2010
  5. Plenty of opportunities, especially in the last few days, thanks for asking.

#25     May 12, 2010
  6. Dogfish

Dogfish

#26     May 12, 2010
  7. Has anyone spoken to anyone over at LIFFE to see their thoughts and reactions are to this RSJ business?

#27     May 12, 2010
  8. Before I answer that let's get back to Danny whatshisname making the death threat. I thought it was common knowledge at the time but I have got to admit that I did not get Danny or anyone else to tell me the story under oath.

So here's another story. Liffe did confront RSJ a year or so ago. RSJ marched up to the Liffe building with a team of lawyers and told Liffe that they could do what the fuck they liked. Liffe backed down -they are hardly going to piss off their biggest customer are they?
    Again, a "reliable" source, but I did not get anyone to tell it to me under oath. So it's just hearsay.

#28     May 12, 2010
  9. Relax,you don't need to get stories under oath,however debatable they are.

But that particular one sounds like utter nonsense to me,I'll reiterate why.You cannot send someone an anonymous letter,threat,whatever and get a reply because the recipient doesn't know where the letter,threat,whatever came from.

That makes sense to me

When I asked if anyone had a response from LIFFE, I was really asking if someone here had first hand information about the responses/treatment they received.

#29     May 12, 2010
  10. Unless some loudmouth told you -it's a small community, or it was afterall. But never mind. Who cares - it just occurred to me that it might be yet another story from the one eared wonder.
    & I'm perfectly relaxed -thanks for your concern.
    Let's just say you're right...

#30     May 12, 2010