Rsj - Liffe Volume 38 Million Q1 2010

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Keep posting beaker. I appreciate the info.

RSJ growth on cme is incredible. I wonder if they are taking over?
    MF love the business, so I imagine they will keep growing.

What's right and healthy obviously is of no concern to the powers that be. Like everyone else in the financial system they are busy lining their pockets maximising short term gains.
    Putting your head above the parapet, and making a complaint, when the authorities are so obviously happy with the status quo, can only potentially cause you problems.
    I remember the story of the LIFFE trader who sent the Flipper an anonymous death threat -only to receive a p45 by return mail. You'd be lucky to get away with such a light hearted response these days.

What interests me more is who RSJ are a front for? Obviously they could be czech boys done good but thats hardly the most likely story is it...

#11     May 5, 2010
  2. I'll admit the info is interesting,but this guy beating the same drum is getting tedious if he doesn't do anything about it.I'd have some respect for him if he made a stand but the incessant whinging is frankly a bit pathetic.

Assuming he's looking at euribor futures,at 5.00pm today the volume for the front 8 deliveries is over 2.1m contracts,that is impressive,the moaning is due to the fact he's fucking it all up,plenty of guys here have had a great day and lots elsewhere I guarantee.

We've all heard the P45 story,however if the threat was sent anonymously how did the 'flipper' know where to send the P45?

Sounds more like an urban legend wouldn't you agree?

#12     May 5, 2010
  3. You mean Paul Rotter, the "Flipper" ? Mr. Rotter seems well and alive. I think he is pursuing a high frequency fund from Gibraltar called "Rotter hifreQ Fund Limited"...:)

#13     May 6, 2010
  4. not maoning about my own profitability.

the market is the market.

the electronic market was suppose to make it ' FAIR ' for everybody when it blatantly is not.

over many years its people moaning and complaining that have resulted in things changing for the better for everybody.

as much as we are all still here and making money i think we could all be making more money with less costs if we were all treated equally.

a fair crack of the whip is all i ask.

aside from this things have moved on a bit.

some organisations including regualatory authorities are now on the case and have expressed suprise and shock at the market share of rsj.

exepct some kind of news soon

#14     May 6, 2010
  5. if your business has one client and he is 40% of your revenue , i would be scared to invest in the business, the exchanges are taking notice they just dont know what to do. also since the advent of robots there has been no new ,,sucessful products introduced for years. that is the lifeblood of the exchanges , new products and new players ,both are very low these days

#15     May 6, 2010
  6. ynox1

ynox1

from what I have heard (reliable source), Mr Rotter and his fund are cleaning up. He still trades himself the usual Eurex contracts as well as getting heavily into algo and as you mentionied high frequency trading.
    Apparently he's moving his fund to Asia.

#16     May 6, 2010
  7. Are you saying that you are put off from buying NYSE/Euronext stock due to significant revenues generated from 1 participant?

The exchanges,particularly LIFFE have taken NO notice so far,the FSA are the only people who they will listen to in this situation or possibly the BOE as the exchange is based in the UK.

I do agree that algos really make it tough for new contracts to get started,humans are needed but they (everyone except the locals) don't get that,who knows,the way the euro is going we may be able to open a whole set of new european markets in the next few years denominated in their original currencies.

#17     May 6, 2010
  8. the markets were made for price discovery,that is why the exist with 40% of the volume coming from 1 player there is no price discovery happaning more likely price manipulation. CBOT use to have a rule about painting the tape=trading with yourself,since the algos came along them have quietly done away with that rule,that use to be considered manipulation, manufacturing trades in a product the algos do it all the time.

#18     May 6, 2010
  9. Thanks for your insights!

#19     May 6, 2010
  10. Good choice :=)

#20     May 6, 2010